Sunday, October 29, 2006

More sickness

I want to keep writing in spite of feeling so lousy so I don't get out of the habit again. I have a system that is currently rebelling against food, but of course I still keep putting some food in anyway. Just to see what happens I guess. I am feeling uninspired this morning as I try to catch up on some work before tomorrow since Thurs and Fri I barely accomplished anything and tension is mounting at the office. I have a somewhat abuse type character at work. She is verbally abusive to her administrative assistant and has been reprimanded for it recently. She talked to me about it and was clueless, really clueless that she had done anything wrong. She does not verbally abuse me but there is a way about her that I find somewhat repelling at times. A sort of rude, steamrolling, bullish, and illmannered way that does not really fit our environment. I am trying to just let it be an example to me of what I do not ever want to become or hope I never was. But sometimes I find myself, often in fact, thinking that I really do not want to work with her. Since she is an attorney who works in the same areas as me, and I am a paralegal, this is not an option right now. But more and more I just find myself dissappointed and disgruntled in situations where she is involved. I am trying to look deeper at the why of it and find what it is about me that I can change to help me cope with this. I got out yesterday and bought my second copy of Passing For Thin since I never got the first copy back from loaning it out. I read almost all of it yesterday. Now I want to find myself a Group to belong to. There are not any close to me except for weekday meetings that I cannot attend due to work. But there are a couple of evening ones that are not terribly far away. I just want a group to show up at, maybe even the TOPS group where I used to weigh in on Tuesdays but I was really wanting the 12 step group type.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home