Thursday, November 02, 2006

Today I let myself sleep an extra hour. I felt very energetic driving to work. And optimistic. My breakfast was delicious. I took a half of a cup of rolled oats, just about a third or a little less of a cup of lowfat milk, and one small jonathan apple cut into reasonably small peices and microwaved it all together for about 3.5 minutes. I love the combination of apples and oats. It did not need any sweetening. A wholesome combination for a chilly fall morning. Now I have my spicey chai hot tea with a tablespoon of nonfat dry milk to make it creamy. I love the smell of chai tea. It's aromatherapy.

I feel really good today. Even though I have been see-sawing with the food, and I gained a few pounds back, I reminded myself that I am still a little better off than last fall, and I choose to see the progress today instead of the failures. I put on a sweater I had not worn yet. I braced myself for the bulges but it looked okay, better than I thought it would. Yesterday I let myself feel every negative feeling about my eating, lack of exercise, and so on. It was like a purging of sorts. So today I feel clearer, cleaned out, ready to face the day.

My morning reading included this statement:

I have faith. That thing that makes the world seem right. That thing that makes sense at last.

I feel like I have a little more faith this morning. And I am grateful for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Glad you are feeling better today. I bought some steel cut oats and prepare with dried cranberries, dates and walnuts. It is the best! If only we could get a little more fall-like weather down here.

I just wanted to let you know I was getting very discouraged, because the people that I see on a regular basis, never mentioned I looked like I was losing weight. Last month, I was down 19.5 pounds, I took my pictures and I saw no difference, and I didn't post them. I could tell in my clothes, but that was it. Sunday, I did notice while washing my face, that it looked a little less puffy and double chinny. I am glad I took the pictures because I saw a small difference in my bottom and it helped validate that small changes were occurring.

Don't let the scale upset you. Weight fluctuates. Hang in there. I'm pulling for you.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Glad today was better. Those highs and lows - both on the scale and in your life - I know what you mean.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home