Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Blue Monster Diet

Last night I got a call from a good friend of mine. During the converstation she mentioned she had lost 14 pounds in six weeks. I did not even know she was trying to lose and I asked how she did it. She said she drinks lots of water and Blue Monster energy drinks and then eats things like pizza, pasta and they have big Barbeques every Sunday. I marveled at the whole thing. Maybe Blue Monster energy drinks are like the old icky diet pills I used to use in my twenties that made me really nervous but I did not eat. I don't know. Something tells me the Blue Monster Diet would not work for me.

It sounds so simple for some people. They just don't eat in the evening, or they cut back to the basic three meals a day and cut out snacks, and the pounds melt off. I guess that's the difference with me. I found myself feeling kind of mad that I can't just drink some Blue Monsters and lose 14 pounds. But I think I am starting to indulge in some self pity. And that's a real dangerous place for me. I found a Group that meets on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. that is not too far from where I live, maybe 15 miles. I never saw it before in the directory so maybe it's new. But next week I plan to go. It seems like a long way off right now.

I found myself sitting at home alone last night for the first time ever on a holiday as far as I can recall. I did not plan anything for myself, not thinking it was a big deal. My daughter had plans with all her friends so she left at around 4 pm. It was a long evening with me and the bowl of candy. At first the fear of running out was the only thing that kept me from having any. I realize that now I have slowly slipped away from having any social life at all. I did not notice it so much when my daughter was home more and we did more things together but with her increased social life with the teenage years upon us, I am caught off guard.

So from Blue Monsters to Blue Mom I am not sure where this post is going, but one thing I decided is I want to find a Group to join, so I don't feel so isolated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

The pounds come ON so easily for me and OFF so hard -

It IS hard to see other people that loose so easily.

We were talking about this at my house last week - my husband's family - appauling eating habits - and mostly thin - the ONE that has a weight problem - if I ate what he ate, I would weigh at least twice what I do now and have major blood pressure and cholestrol problems.

So, while he is a LITTLE over weight - it is not nearly what it could/should be. . .

Whenever I see someone like this - I always think to myself "you have no idea what is going on - on the inside" - they might have terrible blood work #'s or high blood pressure, etc.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Green Beans with Shallots & Thyme

3/4 pound of green beans
2 tsp. unsalted butter
1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1/4 tsp. ground pepper

Preheat oven to 375.
Add green beans to a pot of boiling water and cook until tender-crisp (4 minutes). Drain, transfer to roasting pan. Add butter and toss until melted. Add shallots, thyme and pepper. Toss again. Bake uncovered, until the beans are tender (10 minutes).

Glad to see you posting again.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home