Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Holiday

It's the first eating holiday of the season. Time to bring out the heavy artillery. This one quote below from my morning reading says so much:

"Experience shows us that serenity is priceless and something to be desired more than unnecessary food."

I know how I feel after a day or even a meal of the "good" foods. I feel confident, comfortable, at peace, optimistic, accomplished, satisfied, and many more positive feelings. I also know how I feel after slipping into the forbidden zones - I feel nervous, depressed, out of control, restless, angry, deflated, pessimistic, grouchy, edgy, defeated and so on.

Today I want to remind myself of that difference. And try and give myself the gift of eating well, and the good feelings that come with it.

Can I desire the "serenity" more than the unnecessary food in moments of temptation?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

I hope you had a good day...it's a good idea to give yourself the gift of eating well. Thanks for a good and timely post.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home