Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 2 of Super Drastic

Day one went remarkably well. I was very busy. I did not eat everything I had planned. For some reason I did not have a very big appetite. Here is a rundown of my eating plan. For breakfast I am having boiled eggs (2 medium) and spinach and celery. Instead of eggs I can have lean turkey ham and spinach. I like spinach in the morning, and celery. For lunch a big salad with turkey and other veggies. For dinner I had tuna with melted American cheese yesterday because I had to eat before I left the office. When I got home I had some chicken and turkey breast before bed. Other nights when I can cook at home I will have fish and veggies. For snacks I am having lean lunch meat, raw veggies dipped in yogurt. Yesterday I did not want snacks. But yesterday I cheated on my caffeine abstinence because I had little sleep the night before and I was on those meds for my back (which is getting much better). I had frozen coffee light, added them in the plan and they still kept me under my calorie count. Today I am back to caffeine free.

That's my basic plan. I am keeping raw radishes on hand to munch as a snack, too. I love them. Hopefully this evening I will have time to clean and cut up other veggies to keep on hand for snacks in the following days. I feel pretty good this day and am cutting my medicines in half. I am sipping herb tea. I have had a cough and sore throat the past couple of days. Exercise was little yesterday, had no time. Today I can make a gym trip on my lunch break if all goes well. With feeling a little sick I may not push myself too hard, but I am going to do something. The moon is full and it may be a real nice evening for a dog walk to the swan pond.

I feel good about what I am doing this week. It feels healthy. I was down two pounds today so I lost what I gained in my emotional eating. I am back at 152. If I keep this up I will FINALLY move forward. It seems like I have been stuck a while. But really there is still time to register some sort of loss for May. And, I have maintained my loss from April - so that's something to be happy about.

Brother is still wandering the state. My Mom was contacted by some sheriff out in the middle of the state. She told them he needed to be evaluated, too. No one wants to mess with that and they think it's fine if he wanders all over the place because the Lord tells him to. They took him to a place where he could stay but he would not fill out the forms or give him name. Sheriff eventually let him out at a truck stop. He is in God's hands. I just keep repeating that as my mantra. My Mom was wanting me to let him stay with me some more. That's how it works in my family. I am trying to detach from all of that and just do my work.

Overall I am excited about my special food plan this week. It feels good and I believe I will get some results.

More will be revealed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

May I just say "Wow" to the last few days posts. (I'm catching up.)

I also am going to do a version of "super drastic" when we get home from our trip. I want the ten pounds I gained OFF. And I can do it. I am not fated to gain all the weight back because I have gained some. This is new thinking for me. Happy day.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I love radishes too -- I've been eating them a lot for snacks -- they are a great crunchy chip substitute for me. :-)

Good luck with your Drastic...I hope it works for you as mine has been working for me!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I love radishes too. Especially by themselves. mmmm mmmm.

Stock up on some good canned white chicken breast for quick emergencies. I like to add chopped radishes and a bit of horseradish with a little bit of light mayo.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

Glad to hear it's going well. I usu. suffer from withdrawals from carbs when I do a diet like that, but I do find that by day 2 or 3 I'm not hungry at all. Those proteins and fats take so much longer to metabolize, and your body likes it. If you're getting plenty of fibrous veggies in, then you'll be okay digestion wise, I would think.

That is all you can do for your brother. Girl, you don't have to be a martyr to your family. Sometimes it's best to take care of yourself and, as you say, leave the rest in God's hands. (That's been my position for years. My sister, on the other hand, is Miss Martyr and thinks she does what she does to help other people. I think it's extrememly unhealthy, but she's very different from me and can handle more of that mental/emotional garbage than I can--at least, that's what I tell myself.... who knows. I don't interfere anymore.)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home