Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 4 Super Drastic

Yesterday around 4 pm I had a stress meltdown and ate all kinds of junk. Snared by the work snacks. I came home disgusted with myself. Later had high fiber cereal, lots of it of course and went to bed. The cold was at its peak, I felt lousy, I gave up. Today, I had NO appetite until just now at 3 pm and I had turkey and salsa. So I guess I am back on super drastic after my big slip yesterday. It's all water under the bridge and I will survive.

All I care about right now is getting better and taking care of myself through this cold/flu whatever it is. Lots of fluid. Also, taking care of the kids and doing my job. that is quite enough. I had cable people over switching my phone service today and worked from home until two. Brother is still there and I am working with him. At least he cleans. He is keeping the kitchen spotless. He is pursuing an apartment lead today. I think I will get on my knees and pray.

OK. I am going to have some fun this weekend if it kills me. It's a three day weekend. There better be fun. I have also been poking around online dating sites, and that is fun for me. I don't take any of it personal like I used to so it's just fun and it takes my mind off the X. I can do it from bed with my laptop, too. How convenient. And, it helps me define what I want and who I am. One of them has the most complex string of questions I have ever had, like a battery of tests. But it really made me think about stuff. Who knows, it could even lead me to a nice date or two. If not, it's a convenient form of recreation.

Well, there has been no exercise. I am sick so I am resting. I will get back to that when I am well.

more will be revealed.

PS I have pounds of lettuce waiting for me in the fridge so I will do super drastic at least until the lettuce runs out. hee hee

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hope you feel better soon. I've got a scratchy throat and runny nose and am hoping it's allergies and not a bug coming on two days before vacation! :-(

You know,I met DB on-line. I always did my on-line dating with no real expectations...just to have fun. But then DB showed up when I was least expecting him! :-) Have fun!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I would love to see his list of questions - can you copy and then change enough so that if he goggled - he wouldn't find you - and write a post about it???

5:39 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

you know that I am fascinated by the whole catagory of questions in dating.

And - so sorry to hear you are sick - hopefully the 3 day weekend will help - I suspect it might be your body's reaction to decompressing with your brother's "missing" status gone. We do all tend to react AFTER the event - don't you think.

I said a prayer for him (his appartment) too.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home