Monday, March 31, 2008

I like Monday




I am starting to like Mondays. Even cloudy, grey Mondays like today. It's a fresh start. The beginning of the week. I had a good weekend. My glorious Saturday and Sunday weigh-ins, quality time with kids and Man friend, even a trip to the gym. I cooked on Sunday and nibbled too much. But not so much to sabotage my progress. And I am making progress. I have my goal of a normal body mass index. I think I can get there by the end of April if I stay disciplined. I am eight pounds away. Eight pounds. I have lost ten in a month before. That's two per week.

Enough calculations. Calculations are fine for planning but my true focus is on behavior. My method of changing my behavior has been through patience and tolerance toward myself, and positive thinking. Changing my thinking is what changes my behavior. My actions are preceded by thoughts, influenced by thoughts, ultimately controlled by my thoughts. So I am focusing on the good in everything today. The good in Monday. Monday is sweet with the weekend memories and the promise of a good week ahead. That's how I am looking at it this morning anyway.
I set my plan for the day, I brought my lunch and snacks and coffee, and even some herbal tea. I am ready. I have my gym bag in my car for my hour break. Daffodils are blooming out in my back yard and I can't wait to start planting and gardening again. Does it get any better than this?

2 Comments:

Blogger ar said...

Ohhh Cindy, this is soooo motivating to read for me. I have sniffles, a sinus headache, a bad day at work and lots of worries, and then pure fresh air from your posting. Nothing can beat that for me! Also nothing like spring in the North West coast and those beautiful beautiful daffodils. Brings back the West End, Stanley Park and wonderful walks in the morning AND at night and the colourful tulips in downtown Vancouver. All the good memories. You are so right. Attitude is everything. Weight will follow attitude, like setting sails.... :>)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on losing 50 pounds! Way (weigh) to go!

You are doing so great on this journey - send some of that endurance my way.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home