Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday

O the joy of Friday, my most favorite work day of the week by far. Concluding some hellish days I must say. Last night after work I decided to take Manfriend out to eat. I thought it would be nice to just have a quick mini date with him and go home. It was so nice to eat with him since he is healthy and all. We discuss eating healthy and working out. He wants to lose 15 pounds off of his muscle man body..not sure where it's coming from but he says he will do it in 4 weeks. We split a plate of ribs and each had a side. He had cottage cheese and I had slaw. He ate the bread, we both ignored the popcorn they set on the table. I thought it was a good meal for me. I was kind of hungry later and had an apple and a small soft serve cone, very small. I drank tons of water yesterday.

I did not gain any weight.

Today I have had one small corn tortilla with a slice of american cheese; all bran extra fiber; and fruit; Smoked tuna. One third of a bagel, and a light coffee frappuccino. It is 3:30 in the afternoon. That does not sound so bad at all seeing it written down. Now the fruit is consisting of pinnapple, and canned fruit mix in water or light syrup. I am eating just the fruit. There may be too much sugar here but it is better as far as I am concerned to other alternatives I've considered. I also must confess to two hershey kisses.

Tonight I am going to have a good dose of lean protein when I get home, probably tuna again or salmon - depending on what I have. Want to stay high in fiber, low in fat and starches. They make me crave. Also low in sodium. I see Manfriend on Friday nights and that's a deterrent to eating. Who knows, maybe I can lose on the prednisone. I feel pretty darn good compared to what I have been feeling like. I have gotten more accomplished at work today than any other day. My attitude is better, mostly from feeling better and maybe the relief of some things being over with.

I am taking some things lightly today that I was worrying about for while. Here's a little inventory:

For one, my Manfriend relationship.. I just want to enjoy it for what it is right now and not try and make it more for the time being. I was getting all this insecurity and I hate that feeling more than anything so today I am thinking about it less and focusing on other things. I am still seeing him, we have a nice thing going but I am just going to stay in today with all that.

As for my job, my boss and I met and worked things out. I have some areas to improve and I will improve them. I am no longer worrying about unemployement, failure and being a bad person!! Whew!!! I took responsibility for what I am and what I did. And admitted where I was wrong.

Plumbing, all fixed.

Kids, they can take care of themselves!! hee hee not really but where they can, since they are older, I am letting them. While I am sick, they can make sandwiches and heat stuff up. It won't kill them, AND they can clean up after themselves. All the time, not just when I am sick. I do spend quality time with each of them, not as much as when they were little, but right now they are not so interested in me. In fact I think I will drop them off somewhere for their spring breaks..I know this sounds funny to me, but I think I need the break, not them. I will take grandson to his Mom's and daughter will probably be doing all kinds of stuff anyway.

My weight, this morning I was complimented by several women about how great I looked and how much weight I have lost. I riding on that the rest of the weekend. Case closed.

My health/sinuses, had the scan today, doctor will call, I am taking the meds. Can't do anything else so I am going to lay around and rest and use this as an opportunity to not feel like I HAVE to do anything. It feels real nice to make taking care of myself the priority. hey, how about I do that all the time, and not just when I get so sick I can barely function!

Cleaning my house. Forget it. A little here, a little there, whatever make me happy and does not make me tired. Who cares? No one's hanging out there with me right now anyway. If they do, maybe they can help me out.. Besides, the whole downstairs carpet got cleaned professionally when the little area was impacted by the plumbing. So, it's cleaner now anyway.

Other family member's problems.. lumping all of them together - I can't do anything about them so I am going to pray for them and focus on something else.

Guilt. In general. If I am guilty about something fairly easy to do that I have been putting off, like paying a bill, sending a card, calling someone who has been trying to contact me, etc. , I will do it, if not, I'm letting it go for today. If I can't do it from bed, I may not do it at all, in fact.

Spelling. not even going to check it. Sorry folks. Pretend a third grader wrote this!

That's about all I can think of. My goal is not to worry. It's pointless and it might make me eat.

Happy Friday!!

5 Comments:

Blogger ar said...

Really happy everything is on an upwave with you and you are feeling better. Trim as well,cannot get better than that. :>)

PS: Did not see any spelling errors, but then perhaps did not look for them.

1:27 AM  
Blogger ar said...

Sorry, just realized I missed your posting on steroids. I can now understand why you were feeling so good. This sounds probably a little simplistic but have you thought about seeing a naturopath? ar

2:17 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I found fruit packed in fruit concentrate at Krogers (do you have them in your area?). Most of the other stores in my area do not have sugar-less fruit - but Kroger does.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

My suggestion with the steroids is to UP your veggies - you can eat a lot of veggies for very little calorie intake.

It will be at the end and after your 10 days that you will feel/see the puffiness. If you know it is coming - I think it is easier to "take".

I had sinus surgery in November of 2005 - it was actually 3 different procedures (all at the same time) - It was TOTALLY WORTH the recooperation time. I was not allowed to exercise for 3 full months.

I watched what I ate very carefully and did not gain one single pound. I was especially careful about carbs and upped my veggies and water.

The only reason I am mentioning this is so that you can Mentally plan ahead - stocking your kitchen, getting rid of any little projects hanging over your head so that you can find peace.

I think that finding peace instead of fighting against things - helps me a lot. You might find that you dwelve more into your meditation or photography or music.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I just remembered that susan was on Predisone (sp?) too and found that her cholestrol went up quickly - just to warn you - here is the link:

http://susanlosin.blogspot.com/2008/03/hooray-i-feel-better-24-hours-of.html

I am NOT suggesting that you NOT take it. Just wanted to warn you to check it out.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home