Monday, March 24, 2008

Post Prednisone Report

This is my second day prednisone free. I weighed only one pound more than last Monday. I am very happy with that. I believe I will be back down to my lowest weight by tomorrow. Yesterday I had a pretty big dinner and I did indulge in a few malted milk balls and a little cake so my weigh in went really good all things considered.

I am continuing with the disciplined ways that I adopted to keep from gaining on the medication. I believe I can lose my last 10 pounds this way. I looked up the BMI and if I lose about 8-10 pounds I will be at a normal BMI for the first time in many years. I want to know what that feels like. I love the way it feels to follow a program of eating. I feel a sense of security and optimism. I keep it simple. I am not spending extra money and buying many foods outside of what I feed the rest of the family. I just tally up what I am going to have and make sure if falls within some guidelines I have adopted for myself. I prefer high fiber, high protein, low fat meals. I try to have whole grains and fresh veggies. The less processing a food has gone through before it gets to me, the better. And water, lots and lots of water.

Today I packed a gym bag. I was planning to go to the gym on my one hour lunch for 25 minutes of cardio. I am not sure how long getting there, and changing and then changing back, etc. will take, so I am doing a trial run. I may decide to skip it and go tonight when there is less pressure to get through it so quickly. I will have to see how I feel later on. My idea this morning was that even a little work out is better than nothing. And I need to get back into the work outs. I was doing so great with my cardio challenge. I went daily and then about 5 times per week for at least two months, and then I got sick.........

Last night my brother showed up at my door. My Mom had called and said he went missing. They live about 120 miles from me. He made his way back up here for church Sunday morning. It has been a month since I had dropped him off at my Mom's, and moved his stuff (again). He wants to find a place up here. He left this morning to walk to work. He has walked many miles and gotten rides to get up here. I am letting him do his own thing. I gave him a nice plate of my Easter Dinner and made him comfortable in the spare room for the night. He is motivated to do things for himself, so I am staying out of it. I have to continue to take care of me. I can't get into taking care of him, or driving 4 hours to my Mom's to get his stuff. He left his money, and ID and stuff there and just took off. He needs to deal with the consequences of that without me rushing in to fix it all. I was a bit overwhelmed and found myself heading to the fridge for comfort, but I got it in check and called a friend instead, and went to bed. My daughter came in to talk to me about her concerns about him staying, etc. and I found myself laughing somewhat hysterically about it all. I had been crying so I guess I had to do the full range. Laughing was a huge relief.

I can't let stuff get to me today. I need to stay surrendered!!

So Happy Monday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I eat much as you describe and feel very healthy for it. I do NOT feel strict or deprived. I feel healthy.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Yay for you!! I'm sure by today that pesky pound will be gone...the discipline of eating right feels GOOD. :-)

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home