Thursday, March 27, 2008

Evening Struggles

Seems like I track and have some success during the day and then in the evening it gets tough. I nibble while preparing meals and then want to nibble more. So here is my plan of action for that problem:

Re allocate the daily food so I have more to eat in the evening.

Have nibble ready foods to nibble like raw celery, carrots, broccoli. Incorporate them into the plan.

Leave the eating area as soon as possilbe and move on to another activity that absorbs me.

Drink lots of water.


I want to get over this hump and get off my plateau. I used to read about people's plateaus when I was still trying to lose the bulk of my weight. Now I understand. I have gotten to a weight that feels pretty good but is not exactly the goal weight. It seems like it is harder to lose, but in reality, it has taken the same amount of effort to lose all along. But right now I lose my sense of urgency or motivation because I could just hang where I am for a long time.

I want to push myself on and actually get to the normal body mass index goal. I want to do that for myself. Then I want to get blood work and see how my cholesterol is, etc. I am so close to actually realizing the goal. Ten pounds a way really. Or twelve. I want to motivate myself. It is spring and the months where we wear less clothes are upon me. I do not want to shop until more pounds come off, and I have a little time. Last year's capri's may not fit since I am down at least one size since last summer. Maybe two.

I remember long ago, in 1990 I weighed 162 and was horrified. I joined a gym and started going every day and spending hours there. At the time I had time to spare, I was not working, just going to college. It was great. I did not eat much, but I ate healthy. It worked. I lost 25 pounds in only a couple of months. It felt great. I don't even want to get that skinny now. I only want to lose half that amount now, so surely it is possilbe.

Less food, more exercise. Planning and tracking. Lots of water.

Motivation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Hey Cindy:

That sounds like such a good plan. I have a tendency to want a bowl of popcorn around 8:00 pm while watching TV.

I love your ideas for keeping your hands busy instead of eating. I think I might take up cross stitching again instead of the popcorn (which I usually jazz up with Parmesan cheese).

10:17 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I wonder if drinking (water or herbal tea) with a STRAW might work - it would be oral - it would be slower than regular drinking - it would "eating' something.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home