Monday, March 17, 2008

Prednisone Report

Miracle. My weight is down.. 157. A brand new number. I attribute this to my voluminous water intake, and my steady nibbling of lean protein over the weekend. Plus, my appetite has actually decreased for some reason. In fact, it's been hard to choke down the nibbles I need to take the medicine. Thanks for the comments, and especially Vickie for the information on what to expect. I don't like taking this medicine at all, but one bright side is that it has made me very vigilant about what I eat, and my water intake. I needed to get back into that disciplined state of mind.

My sleep is a mess. I am trying to get more but I have trouble falling asleep and then I wake up exactly two hours after finally falling asleep. I can usually go back to sleep again. I have accepted that life for me is going to be different for a while, but I plan to make the most of it. Whatever window I have between getting better and having surgery I will use to get some gym time in if at all possible. I want to use everything to whatever advantage I can find. One thing right now is I am taking care of myself and letting things go.

Sunday after church and a little flea market shopping, I did nothing. Manfriend offered to cook dinner so I stayed at his place all day and up until bed time. We went to the grocery store and he did the shopping. It was nice. The kids are gone for a few days so I had no responsibilities except to run home and let the dog out for a bit. I can't tell you how nice it is to have somebody else make dinner while I watch a movie on the couch. Heaven. He cooks dinner on Sundays from time to time. And then at night sometimes he makes us breakfast when we have been out late. It is better than getting flowers. I love seeing him in the kitchen with a dishtowel over his shoulder. Enough of that.

The point is I am learning to slow down, rest and take care of myself. And, to make it a priority. This discipline I wanted, that I set as a goal, is happening as a result of a number of events. Discipline at work from getting in trouble. Discipline in taking care of myself, my diet, etc. from being sick. I know the triggering events were unpleasant, but if the result is that I gain in discipline, it makes it all worthwhile. I like looking at things that way. It allows me to appreciate the best and worst of life's happenings.

My diet over the weekend consisted of extra fiber bran with yogurt and berries; protein bars, Manfriend's eggs; on Saturday. And then protein bar plus Manfriend's pork steak and salad on Sunday. Today I am having my extra fiber bran, yogurt and a banana to sustain me during the work day, along with a tuna steak for lunch. Not sure about dinner but since kids are not being fed, I may have a nice healthy salad out somewhere. If eating at home, I will get a carry out salad at the grocery store salad bar and bring it home. That's my report and the plan. Trying to stay consistent and accountable.

Happy Monday!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

I have found that for myself - when I am not well - I am SUPER careful vigilent (sp?) about my food. My 3 mos post nasal surgery were like that - NOT ONE EXTRA bite for full 3 months. I guard myself and my body like I was guarding a baby.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Laura N said...

Cindy, first of all I can't believe I haven't been reading your blog. I read over on AFG that you started your blog around the same time I did mine, and that you started blogging because of Frances, and that you have been losing weight ever since. Well, me too! And here Vickie reads your blog, and I'm a Vickie fan, so why haven't I made my way over here until today? I don't know, but here I am now and you're added to my favorites list.

Don't feel like you have to come read mine. =) But I wanted to comment and say hello and I can't wait to get to know you better.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home