Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pop Tarts and Sewage

I am still sick. I was going to go to work but I could not find my glasses when it was time to take the kids to school. So, I came back home. I was going to call the doctor for another note and take more time to get well. At home there was icky smelly liquid coming from the laundry area drain. Onto the carpet and into the kitchen. The entire day has revolved around that event. No rest. Nasty elements have invaded my home, including a plumber.. Someone (another breed of plumber) with a camera on the end of a cable is coming tomorrow to get to the bottom of it all. I have a cleaning guy doing stuff now. This is not over yet. There was talk of jack hammers and digging things up. Not restful at all. Not one little bit. I want to crawl off somewhere and make it go away. But I cannot.

All I ate today was pop tarts. They were easy and sweet. I had some coffee. I was going to rest in bed but cannot because the landlord, plumber, maintenance man, and now carpet and cleaning guy have all been here, at all times, all day. It could be worse. I could have not come home after dropping the kids off, and not discovered it. Then it would have been seeping all over all day long. And the kids would have come home to it, and the dog and cats would have been in it, and tracking it all day long. So there is something to be grateful for. Always.

It all suckshe dog is crying at the back door because I won't let him in to track around the house. He is more pathetic than me. When it is time for dinner, which will be eaten out or cooked elsewhere, I hope to have something nourishing. I am out of poptarts so they are no longer an option. I had about 800 calories of pop tarts I think. Two sets of two. One for breakfast and one for lunch. Nothing else. Yea, pop tarts are not condusive to losing weight. But I will survive even them. All I want to do really is get well and feel better. Dr. office says the antibiotics should be working now and i will feel better soon. It is hard to tell if I feel better or not with all this going on.

I feel like I should be doing something. Working out, etc. But that's absurd. I need to rest. It can wait. It can all wait. Why do I need someone else to tell me this? Over and over, I need someone to tell me to take care of myself.

Hmmmmm.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Man, I'm sorry. When you are sick and need rest, you certainly do not need a leaky plumbing problem.

Hope you feel better tomorrow.

7:09 PM  
Blogger ar said...

Oh Cindy. That is NOT nice at all, hope you get better soon. I also have a natural aversion for people invading my place. Sort of messes with my energy field. Hope the anti-biotics kick in soon and someone brings you a nice bowl of chicken soup :>)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Take care of you. :-)
Seriously...hope you feel better soon and sewage is mopped up, destinkified, etc.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

I'm so sorry Cindy that you had to deal with all of that. I'm glad you were able to see the bright side of it and maybe you will feel better soon. (Poptarts are okay when you don't feel well.)

Take care of yourself and get well soon!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home