Monday, June 11, 2007

It is time I learned to Link

I have been tagged by Daisy and Jen and now it is time for me to play the game. I am going to link (drumroll, please) to five (only 5??) blogs that make me think. So here I go. Oh, and once you are tagged, you do the same thing I am doing here. Link to blogs that make you think. I am really nervous about this linking thing. Silly, I know but I am behind the times.

The AFG was the beginning of my blogging experience. It got me started and inspired me to create my own. I read the individual blogs of Jen, Lori, Anne and Daisy, too.









Allright, I clicked on the link thing and meticulously put in URLs and they don't show up (see the blank space above, I am still waiting that they may appear by some delayed reaction...) so here's the URL's for my five: angryfatgirlz.blogspot.com, which includes all the authors and their individual blogs (I'm cheating, that's more than five when you add the rest), then there is thegrumpychairdieter.blogspot.com and baby-steps-v.blogspot.com and dearethel.blogspot.com and then bigassbelle.blogspot.com

If anyone wants to take pity on me and tell me what I am doing wrong with the link deal, I would appreciate the enlightenment...

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Me too...I need to find the e-mail Vickie sent me about linking and give it a shot! But not tonight...

I'll let you know if I find it. :-)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I found it:

Linking

When you are in the CREATE page - typing away - there is something that looks like a little green monster near the spell check and font pictures. When you want to link - you OPEN a new window - so you don't loose what you have - you open to the page that you want and then highlight what is in the address bar at the top and right click to copy that line. If you are in your own blog - and click on the title of your old entry - it will add the particulars to the address line for THAT entry - then after you have copied - you go back to your create window and click/highlight the WORD in your typing that you want to BE the link. then you click on the little green monster and a box will open - you use paste to add your link and then click OK. Your word (in your text) should then be underlined and turn a different color.

Good luck!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Read today's blog for my struggle. Helen found it. Francis sent me the same info and as you will read dorko here took all afternoon to figure it out. Sigh. Maybe I should just go back to my handwritten journal. Good luck. please let me know if my links actually work. If we actually get this figured out we should celebrate. Want to go and have an iced coffee?

11:08 AM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

i'll try to send you the code. . . . i also struggle with html. sigh.

12:02 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

and bea, honey, some of yours are dead. i think the one to debra doesn't go through. might want to check that code again.

12:02 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

did you look at the LINKS thing to the right of your post? there's a tutorial there.

basically, you have to go into your template and add code to it.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home