Monday, June 11, 2007

Healing the Sickness




After having such a rough night last night I decided to take care of myself today the same way I would want a friend to take care of herself. I called in sick, I made a doctor's appointment and called my friend/therapist. The doctor's appointment was great. Even the scale, or maybe I should say especially the scale. It was down 20 pounds from the last time I was there over a year ago. I have always counted the doctor's office scale as one of my enemies.

The nurse practitioner is very kind. The first thing she said was about my weight loss. She was more excited about it than me. I told her I was taking it slow and she thought that was a good idea. I am being treated for a sinus infection, which I have probably had for a month or so, and I am going to get some blood work. The receptionist told me I had the prettiest hair she'd seen all day. She was so enthusiastic about my hair that I could not help feeling better. I am glad I went. It takes quite a bit of discomfort to get me to the doctor's office. After today I may not wait so long to go back. In fact, I may make it a point to go for some follow up.

I am going to do some work in my book to identify negative thoughts that I want overcome. After last night they are still fresh in my mind. I want to keep moving in a healthy direction, with my mind, my body, my spirit and whatever else makes up a human being.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

Do we have the same nurse?

I went to the doctor on Friday and my nurse was so enthused by my weight loss, my hair, my outfit even (!!?!!) that I felt a bit better too.

I regarded the scale at the doctor's office as part of the humiliation of going. A lot of it was in my head as my doctor is not a scold about weight. I wonder how many overweight people avoid the doctor for things that have nothing to do with weight but are fearful of hearing a lecture?

Cindy, I really love your rose and I'm sorry you had such a bad couple of days earlier. Lots of hugs from me here in Virginia.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Gallis said...

Argh. Sinus infections are THE WORST. Hope you feel better!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home