Monday, June 04, 2007

The Tortoise Finds Her Strength




After my mini post below I decided to at least walk the dog, which made him very happy. We took a brisk walk up and down a couple of hills, a half an hour perhaps. He lunged at a jogger to my surprise - and the jogger's, too. Then I did my weights for upper body and a few abs. I have no idea where the energy came from, but I think it had something to do with my acceptance below of my slow and steady progress. I was willing to go to bed but felt a simple spark of inspiration that got me out in the cool, fresh night air. I love the way it smells in my neighborhood, so woodsy. And I love walking after dark.

Now I must go to bed for sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I like the tortoise analogy...I think I'm one too. P.S. in answer to your post at my blog, try the Ana Caban Pilates Beginning Mat Workout. Vickie recommended it to me and I'm doing it once a week or so to supplement my gymming. Boy, does it work my belly in a way nothing else I'm currently doing does. And all in 25 minutes! :-)

10:50 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

Cindy,
If you were really busy all this weekened, don't forget you probably were doing physical stuff (unless you were behind the wheel for the weekend which is possible).

You did great taking the dog out for a walk and doing weights. I like the tortoise analogy too.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

I love diet analogies.

I have been suffering the last few weeks with insomnia. Since working out both morning and night, I am in bed around 10:30 and very sleepy.

Glad you found your strength. Loved your pictures.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home