Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Sleep and Consistency




I have been consistent this week with the same breakfast and lunch. There is something comforting about that. And easy. I have my frozen, individual servings of lentils that I grab everyday for lunch, and I brought a five day supply of oats to work on Monday to measure out for breakfast each day. It is so much easier to stick to a stable diet when I don't have to figure out what to make every morning and what to pack for lunch. I want to see if this method will translate into a loss for me soon.

Last night I went to bed at a decent hour and this morning I stayed in bed longer. I was determined to get a good block of sleep and I believe I did. I was getting moody and feeling tired all the time from lack of rest. I feel better today but a little groggy.

Over the weekend I bought a blood pressure monitor. I had been feeling dizzy and had a headache. That combined with the anxiety I had been feeling made me want to check on the blood pressure. It was not high at all. In fact a tad on the low side. Maybe that's why I feel so tired. My BP has always been on the low side but it started creeping up when I was around 200 lbs.

What I am striving for this week is some consistency with my diet with easy meals to follow that require little effort on my part during the work week. On the weekends I can get creative and put more time into it maybe, but during the busy work week it has to be easy. I am also making sleep a priority since it was deficient over the weekend.

I am taking off for Friday and planning my own little Mental Health Day. I am thinking a pedicure, a leisurely trip to the bookstore, or a museum, maybe some nature experience in there as well. But a good night's sleep is a must.

Speaking of musts, I must get to work so I can finish enough projects to take Friday off!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

During the work week, I do the same thing for breakfast and lunch: oatmeal for breakfast and a Smart Ones frozen meal for lunch (not great on sodium, I know, but easy and tasty). Sometimes I have a 100-cal. bag of popcorn in the late afternoon. Dinners vary. This is definitely my best way to keep control of what I eat during the week. Have fun on your mental health day...I need one of those, but don't know when it will happen... ;-)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

Cindy,

Besides your blood pressure, you might want to look and see if you're drinking enough water or non-caffinated drinks. That seems to be one of my problems -- not enough hydration and I get dizzy whenever I stand up suddenly, etc.

Have fun on your day off! Love the photo too!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home