Friday, May 25, 2007

Stability and Peace



The tension melted the other day after I vented in my post. I took my work a little at a time the rest of the day and stayed calm most of the time. I want to improve my attitude toward my job. I know I can. I am adjusting to a new workload that involves more people asking for things more often. Today I made a spreadsheet of everything I have going on. I am still adding to it. But having it makes me feel better. There are no unknowns. Or at least not so many. It is the same with food for me. I prefer to know how much I am eating and keep track even if I do not do it to perfection. I have been tracking better the past couple of weeks and it is resulting in stability. My weight is not wildly fluctuating. My food intake, even though it is higher than I want, is staying about the same each day. I believe I can take it down a little. The stability gives me confidence and peace.

I still have daily stressful moments at work. Especially this week with fewer people here in our department. My goal is to react less, to take it in stride and to see that it is actually only a small part of a very big picture. My life is not dependent on each little work project. Sure, I currently depend on the job for my income. But ultimately my needs are met in a different way. Without this job there would be another. There could be a dropping down in income or a rising up. Either way, my needs would be met, and so would the needs of my family. I depend on God, Higher Power or whatever we choose to call him/her/it.

So with that I am going to resume my plugging away at the work on my desk, and logging them in as I find them. It's Friday. Three days off work are ahead of me. Three rainy days perhaps, which would suit me fine. We have planned a trip to the big theme park tomorrow and that will provide me with exercise. If it rains, I can rest. There may be a zoo excursion on Sunday - more exercise and if it is rained out, more rest. Monday is wide open. And I like that.

So happy Friday to all and to all a good weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger ◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desktop.
I'll publish on my blog!.

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

10:23 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Seems like a great weekend...enjoy your time to rest! :-)

2:36 PM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Glad you're feeling better! Take it one little step at a time. Have fun this weekend!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home