Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Weigh-in

I have grown to like my Monday weigh-in. It is usually my highest weight for the week but from Monday to Monday I have been registering a loss. This week was about two pounds less than last week. I am now safely back to where I was before the April gain, and can resume losing. I am glad. I feel better and in the past few days people have commented on my loss. I also notice my face and neck are returning. I recognize the old me back in the mirror - a few for lines here and there, but it is the me I remember. That was one of the harder parts of weight gain, mirror shock.

I hope these little bits of encouragement can keep me motivated. It was a tiring weekend, with both pleasant and not so pleasant activities. It was not the kind of weekend that returns me to work feeling rested. In fact, I feel like I need some extra rest. I went back down to my see my parents and pick up my brother yesterday. We had a nice short visit there. Then he spent the night at my house and then this morning I took him to breakfast, for a nice walk along the historic riverfront, and on to the airport. It was great to be able to spend time with him alone and talk about our lives, our parents, our kids and so on.

I am sleepy, and did not bring lunch but I do have my trusty back-up protein meal replacement shakes here. Hopefully that will get me through. I am so close to moving forward into uncharted weight loss territory that I don't want to blow it at a vending machine!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Honi said...

I think those of us on this journey those of us that will succeed have had to learn and I mean really learn that we must always be prepared.. U are so smart to have those meal replacement shakes handy .. great preparing on your part... I am so with you on going into uncharted weight loss territory.. that will happen to me when I reach my 30 pound goal... I am nearly at 25 pound.. or a little over that should we go by what my home scale says.. the official official weigh in is June 4th with my nutritionist.. I am going to her office to weigh this evening just to check in a unofficial official way.. lol... After I hit the 30 pound mark it will be the most weight I have lost since 2001 right before my dad died.. So this is a huge thing for me... I can relate... Much luck to u.. have a great week

1:55 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Run from the vending machine. I frequently pass by one that has begun to stalk me....

3:48 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Congrats on another two pounds gone! :-)

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

Cindy, you can delete stupid posts like this one. All of us got it. (There's a trash can next to it on your dashboard...)

But more importantly, congratulations on your loss and your attitude about food and weight. It's so commendable and inspirational.

I sometimes keep those Pria bars in my office in case something happens and I need something or I forget my lunch.

Keep up the good work!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Egads, and they didn't even congratulate me on my loss!!!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home