Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Rain

I am really into Spring this year. I don't remember being as happy about Spring as I am this year. It seems so fresh and exciting. I did some yardwork tonight. I pulled unwanted tufts of grass out of a flower bed. I am not sure how the tenant will maintain the beds but I wanted to clear them before I move. I am excited about finding out what will be growing at my new place, in the beds that I see there. I plan to have my entire yard in flowers and plants if possible. In fact already it appears there are many beds already there I just don't know what will grow in them. My yard will be much smaller but it will be easier to make it spectacular.

There is a nice steady rain falling now on the roof and I love the sound. I ate too much today but it doesn't even matter at the moment. The moment is all I have and the moment is peaceful with the rain softening everything. I know this will pass. And things will be better and better.

The rain is a soothing whisper. It keeps away any offending sounds. It is all I can hear right now and it is perfect. It promises rest. It is gentle. I am going to close my eyes and melt into it for as long as it lasts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Poetic prose. Made me want to melt with you. You have a way with words for sure.

I am also looking forward to spring. I can't think about my old house and all the stuff I planted there coming up. Breaks my heart. I think this place may be a flower paradise. High humidity, great soil and no wind. There are no flower beds so I will do planters. I am already planning. Gad I am tired of snow. Have a great spring day. Bea

P.S. Great post on belle's site.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

thanks, I had blooming trees planted at the house I am leaving behind, and I think that bugs me the most. The magnolia blooms in Summer, the Red Bud, Hawthorne and Fountain Cherry bloom somewhat staggered in the Spring. We picked those trees out at the nursery, took pictures with them at the nursery - that whole part breaks my heart. I think it symbolizes the whole connection to the house somehow.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home