Friday, September 29, 2006

Food Peace

I am getting stabilized, again. I had started going up and down with food, at first a little deviant here and there and then barely hanging on to some principles, and sometimes discarding them all together. I find it really hard to get back on track after eating sugars and flours and things I have already learned to avoid. It takes time to get the toxins out of my system and to "calm down" the cravings which can be constant depending on how and what I have been eating. I can best describe the feeling I have when I avoid the toxic foods as calm. Quiet. Peaceful. It's my food peace. It is a longer lasting feeling than the instant and fleeting sugar and carb highs that take so much effort to maintain. It is a physical peace. I have it this morning and I love it. And right now I can honestly say that I want my food peace more than I want any treat, snack, or snare that comes my way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

Cindy, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your posts. You really try to radiate peace and restfulness in your everyday life and it shows through in your thoughtful posts.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home