Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Speaking of Positive......

More positive thoughts -

Since I believe what we think upon grows, I am still focusing on the postives in my life - here are today's thoughts:

School is going good for both kids so far this year. We have a stable home environment and I am there giving a balance of freedom, supervision, guidance and discipline. My daughter has changed almost dramatically. I realized yesterday that she is rarely yelling or screeching. She seems more relaxed, is dedicated to her grades and schoolwork. She does her chores regularly and is committed to improving her health and school attendance. My grandson is socializing more and seems to enjoy school this year more than ever. He is also diligent about his schoolwork. He joined the jazz group after school. He's a self starter and not afraid to try new things. Overall things are going great at home.

My job is going good, too. Since my boss returned from maternity leave she has been very positive about me. I had a good performance review. My rough period was acknowledged but she said I had improved greatly and was doing very good. We talked about dealing with difficult people, and my challenges. I told her I'd like her to mentor me more. I signed up for a Dealing with Difficult People seminar. Maybe I will learn to deal with me!! Hee hee -

One thought I have had is that some of my personality changes that caused some problems had to do with my adjustment to my weight loss. I was on a bit of a "high" last Summer. It was the first time I felt good in my body in years. I may have gotten a little extreme and too intense. I have come down to earth now and can see it. All a part of the process...

I went to the gym yesterday and felt alive again. As I worked out I noticed that I am in good shape. I feel good about my body. I love to work out. I did my routine on the lower body equipment plus my cardio. It put me back in focus.

My night eating was even better last night. I had my yogurt, fruit and bran. I was not fighting off urges. I have accepted that in order to be in good health I need to eat less at night, and stay away from those high starch, high glycemic foods. I am good with that. I want to eat to fuel my body.

My daughter walked the dog last night. I was watching the end of a movie when she left, but I jogged uphill and walked briskly to catch up with them at the swan pond. It felt great.

I feel good this morning. Back in the swing of things. Slump is fading away. I am sure me and the scale with make up soon.

More will be revealed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

what grades are the two kids in this year? I can't remember.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Daughter started high school - 9th and grandson finishing school - 8th

10:51 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Another positive thought...you can come up with positive thoughts. Very inspirational this stuff.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

grandson finishing MIDDLE school, that is..

12:13 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

So good to read this post from you today. Great news about the kids doing well in school. That can certainly be a concern, when they aren't.

What an active day you had. Isn't it lovely to move your body like that? Hope that night eating change sticks around. You and me both are working through that demon. We'll get there together.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

I'm so happy that things are going so smoothly with the kids. And, I'm really glad to hear what your boss said too. You're doing so well and you always (it seems) find the positive in everything. :-)

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home