Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Non Scale Victories & Gratitude

Since me and the scale have not been on the best terms I am going to list some non-scale victories of late:

Resisting temptations:

I resisted ice cream; birthday cake; cup cakes and other treats

I reduced my evening eating, and when I just could not resist food at all, I had fruit.

Exercize:

I did a "navy seal push up" as taught by my son.

My arms are in the best shape I have ever seen them - due to my continued work with my ten pound weights at home. I like my arms and that is a real treat.

I can do things with my abs I never thought I could do. I keep up with my morning routine which involves an ab move and upper body weights at the same time, it combines a V-sit, leg lift with a simultaneous weigth lift with the arms. Hard to describe but I am thrilled I can do it on my weakest days. In fact sometimes I do them just to remind myself that I can.

Other body image stuff:

My clothes still fit. All the smaller sizes.

I recieved compliments on my vacation picures and the reality is I am still the same size. Having photos of myself that I actually like is a new and wonderful experience.

That's enough for now. I have a nagging feeling of depression, but I am still functioning. It is pissing me off. I am going to rebel against it by acting happy or something. My "smart-a--" survival tool is kicking in I think.

I am signing up for a seminar on how to deal with difficult people. Since I am a difficult person, too, the bonus will be maybe I will be better at dealing with me! It is in November, paid for by work. How nice is that?

When I got in my car today, I looked back at my condo, and my front porch with pots of flowers and thanked God or the Universe or Whoever is out there for my beautiful home. Even without a pretty place to live, I would have much to be grateful for. If I was not feeling so pissed off all the time lately...! What is the deal???? I don't know whether to laugh or break stuff.

More will be revealed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

Way to focus on the positive. All are very good things!

I relate 100% to that pissed off feeling. I get like that twice a month. Stupid hormones.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

loved this posting - turning around the perspective.

Do you remember Anne's positive post? Here it is if you don't remember -
http://altopower.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/energy-and-self-management/

a link also lives on my side bar if you need it again.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home