Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Checking In

I was down a pound today. Last night I holed up in my room with cucumbers and celery and my salsa dip once I was finished with my downstairs activities and my dinner. I think I am improving a little each day. I had a good workout yesterday. Today we had an office lunch out at a nice restaurant. That meant I did not get to go to the gym on my lunch hour. I ordered conservatively, a salad with steamed veggies but with blackened chicken. Dressing on side. My goal was to enjoy the lunch but also be as prudent as possible. Drank several glasses of water. Appetizers were passed and I took a teeny bit but not much. I wanted to participate but not overindulge. I have been very full all afternoon and have not wanted to eat. I should be good until dinner which will be pretty light.

Still having that puffed up feeling but not letting it disturb me. I just keep practicing my better habits. I feel a little better today. It is amazing how I can judge my own weight before I even get on the scale now. I am in touch with what my body feels like. This feels more like bloat and water retention. I have discovered that there is a surprise food thing for me tomorrow in my department in anticipation of my birthday which occurs while I am on vacation. I am glad the cat got let out of the bag so I can be prepared. It is nice for them to do it. I can enjoy it without having to overeat. That's my goal. I trust myself so much more than I used to. It is nice. I forgive myself immediately for any boo boo's. And move on.

I'd like to get some exercise tonight but can't guarantee it will happen. I will be more focused on preparations for the trip. I really am excited about it. And happy we all get to go. I am stocked with celery and cucumbers for my evening munchies. Being prepared makes such a difference. I will just keep the water and raw veggies coming and hope for the best! And, appreciate the weight loss I have maintained. Focus on the positive. Negative thinking turns into a negative attitude, and that turns into self-defeating actions. At least that is my experience. Positive thinking, on the other hand, turns into a positive outlook which inspires positive actions. I'm going with that theory today.

More will be revealed...

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

Sounds like you have a really good evening routine. I need to do that too!

How sweet of your office to do a birthday thing for you. Enjoy yourself. And goodluck with your trip preparations.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I like your variation on what The Universe said yesterday...I couldn't agree more. ;-)

2:28 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I am using the veggie salsa dip. Is mavalous. Enjoy every minute at that spa.

Negative thinking, my nemesis. I have to sometimes fight it off. Sort of like fighting the "good" fight. Ha, ha my oh so funny joke. Don't stress over the trip prep. It ruins the beginning of the trip when I do. Take care.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home