Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eyes Wide Open

I keep my eyes wide open all the time. That's a line from Walk the Line by Johnny Cash. I love that song but I sing it in a spiritual sense. It's a love song but for me it has another meaning. About a different kind of love and devotion. To God, basically, to faith. I keep watch over my heart and I keep my eyes wide open nowadays because I desire to live my life in a new and different manner. With more discipline. Eyes open about how I take care of myself, what I eat, how I behave. Eyes open in my relationships, especially with the men. I watch out now and take care because it matters to me. I love it. I'm walking the line with food and with my behavior these days, in a good way, because it makes me happy.

Anyway, I was a pound down this morning. My deflation is in progress. I was careful, but not perfect yesterday and I got results. Lots of water. Did not make the gym but did a dog walk in the evening. I did not eat as much in the evening. I did have some noodles but I made that a part of my dinner, and stopped. Had a bowl of high fiber cereal at a bedtime. Maybe too big of a portion but I stopped. The stopping part is important. I can eat something, but then I need to stop and not keep going.

Yesterday was a better day. Today is an even better day already. I did some exercising before going to work. I did the gym on my lunch hour.

Also - last night I went to the good will store (2nd hand store) and bought 2 jumpers and 4 summer dresses for $4.50 each. And as a bonus one of the jumpers ended up having a dollar in the pocket. The dresses are all perfect for summer. Above the knee and light fabric. Good for church, work, and anything I want to do with them. It was great. That's all I wanted to complete my Summer wardrobe. I am wearing one today and it feels great! It blows my mind completely that they are size 6, 8 and medium. The medium is a little big. I don't get it. I still feel bigger than that. I can't recall wearing these sizes in my adult life with the exception of a size 8 skirt when I weighed about 15 pounds less than I do now. These must be made bigger, that's all I can say or my weight distributes itself differently today. Anyway it was a nice feeling.

gotta run. just wanted to check in and report!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I love that song too and I particularly love your interpretation of it...thanks for sharing that!

I also LOVE Goodwill. I think a trip there is in my near future... ;-)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I've just started reading Audacity of Hope, but I like it. And I like what it represents. I'm actually wondering if I shouldn't read the first book (Dreams of my Father) first. This year I'm allowing myself the audacity to hope that our world will get better...not worse as it seems almost every day. :-)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home