Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bloating and Swelling

That's the name of the game this week. Irritating but I am not defeated. It does not seem like I have eaten myself into this. But I have not been pristine in my food, either. So I am getting drastic today and hoping for the best. I have to pay attention to the input. I also have something hormonal going on and that always lops pounds on. I still believe I am allergic to my own hormones.

Anyway, I have been wearing my cute Summer dresses in spite of my feeling of largeness. It will pass. The Weed really likes my little summer dresses. I like them too, but this week I feel big. I am going to ignore it. The scale is conspiring against me, too, but I am going to persevere. I know how to do this. Watch the salt, the sugar (cut it out entirely) the portions, the highly processed stuff. Eat less, feel better. I have been doing my gym routine. Muscle weighs more than fat, right? But I want both. More muscle and less weight.

I am happy today with what I have, but just a bit concerned if not significantly scared by the sudden increase. I know, though, if I keep track of what I eat, and I am eating rightly, it will work itself out. It will pass. So I won't allow myself to go into negative thinking that leads to binging, and poor choices.

More will be revealed...standing firm in my resolve.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

sounds good and even though we all go through these times again and again - have been there before - it doesn't make it easy does it? - each time is a royal pain - at least I think so.

It would be convenient to get a hormone printout each day - so we knew which way we would be "going" - don't you think?

5:52 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

"I am allergic to my own hormones." I laughed so hard I scared the dog. Meeee Toooo sister.

Resolve is all. It is the whole enchilada. (I had to use a food reference.) Normal sized women have hormone bloat and feel "large." You are now a normal sized woman with a normal problem. I am so proud of you I could spit.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home