Saturday, July 19, 2008

Family Time

I was so excited about going to my Mom and Dad's house last night to spend the night and to spend today with them. We drove down in the evening. It is about two hours away, or a bit longer. The moon rose while we were driving and it was a beautiful orange color. It was a real treat to see it out in the night sky in the country. We watched the last part of Gone With the Wind after arriving because that is Dad's current fixation. I love the movie and enjoyed watching it with him. We watched the beginning and rest of it today. The kids stayed up most of the night so they slept in. Mom, Dad and I went out for coffee and breakfast this morning. It was wonderful, quality time. It was Mom's birthday. I bought a small luscious cake and we had watermelon and cake for the treat. We ordered out for sandwiches later and I had a veggie wrap. I also bought goat's milk yogurt at a farmer's market. I had some tonight with berries and bran for my evening snack.

I am so happy with the trip. It is a real treasure to have time with my folks. They are sweet, wonderful people. We had our ups and downs over the years but have found peace in our relationships. Dad's Alzheimer's resolved some issues between him and Mom, and, in fact, he fell back in love with her during the early stages. It is sweet to see how she dotes over him and how he lets her. How affectionate they are to each other now.

Anyway, I am home now. I was excited about visiting and excited about coming home. I find lately that I am in a very happy phase. So I am soaking it up. Enjoying it. This morning I wore my pink Capri's that I bought months ago and never got around to wearing. I like them now. I was on the fence about them before. I don't wear light fabric much but they seemed perfect for a July outing. They fit well and I got over the wearing light fabric hang up. I don't know what that is but I am full of those little issues. I tackle them a little at a time. And I don't worry too much about them. They will resolve or dissolve.

My little spice finch died. It made me sad. I buried him under my rose bush. I feel pretty tired. I am going to bed early tonight and looking forward to church tomorrow. I did really good with my eating at Mom's. It is a big trigger for me. I want to nibble constantly and they always have cookies. I had a little here and there but I drank plenty of water and I am satisfied with my food for the day.

I am grateful today to have spent quality time with my family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

So great that you enjoy your parents AND that you didn't get sucked in to bad eating habits!! Yay for you! :-)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

I am so glad you had a chance to visit with your parents. I cherish my moments with my parents and granny...

6:21 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Lovely post. "Honor your father and mother and your days shall be long upon the earth."

How was the goats milk yogurt? I asked Vickie about it on her blog. I am trying to make some as I can't find it in the wilds of Wyoming.

The light fabric deal comes from years of trying to not have fabric cling to our rolls of fat and show them off. No fat rolls...no fabric worries. Bye

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home