Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Maintaining

I was thinking this morning that perhaps June can be Maintenance Month. I lost in both April and May, and made goal, so maintaining is a good thing. Also, I feel I am still adjusting to that ten pound loss. My workouts are getting regular again. I am targeting a couple of key areas. My food is fairly stable. What I really want is to tone and get used to my smaller body. Let it adjust, as well. I am hovering around the same weight, within two pounds, and that is fine. I have an injury to recover from, so taking extra good care of myself is at the top of my priorities. June is a month to heal and stabilize. If I lose and additional pound or two, fine. But I am not pushing myself right now.

Last night I stopped off to socialize a little. Saw some people who have not seen me since the breakup with MF. I was dressed nicely from work, and I received many compliments, especially from the women. A few asked how I was doing, and felt that they were, without saying it, referring to the breakup. I was happy to say I was doing great, because I am. I had vanished from that group that he circulates in for the most part, and many have not seen me since the night I confronted him when he was with the other women. Some of them had seen him with her and wondered, without saying anything, what he was up to. The women knew me and liked me. So it was nice to see them and let them know that there is definitely life, abundant life, after a breakup with Mr. Big. I have lost ten pounds since the breakup and it shows up more on my body. I have improved myself since then, having gone through some stuff, and prevailed. I want to be an example to those younger women, that a relationship, even if it's with Mr. Big, is not the be all, end all to life. We can move on, and grow even better. They seemed to think he was some sort of celebrity or something.

Enough of that. Exercise is going pretty good. I am in physical therapy now. I hope it helps. Been there once, will go again tomorrow. I forgot to ask him if there is anything I should not be doing at the gym. I went to the gym on lunch hour yesterday and I went early this morning for cardio only. I am happy with my current exercise regimen. I am doing some weight resistance of opposing muscle groups for my legs to tone them up. I do this at the gym with the equipment. I want to keep up with it at least doing it a couple to three times per week. I do my ab work at home and I use hand weights for my arms. I need to talk to the therapist about upper body/back/abs at the gym, using equipment.

Relaxation is on the priority list, too. I also make it a point to lay in my lounge chair on the patio each night and relax. It feels really good. I watched the moon rise Monday night. There was a point at which it was exactly between the tops of two trees, and perfectly lined up with where I was sitting. It was one of those cosmic kind of moments, where I felt in perfect alignment with everything.

I am still reading that awesome book When Food Is Love. It continues to confirm things, and open my eyes even more - explaining feelings and behaviors. It is also a good read, she is even funny in some parts.

I just found out my living room floor is going to be jack hammered tomorrow. I have had drain overflows twice in the past week....so be it. I am not letting anything get to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Yay for you! All sounds really good. I'm at a point right now where I'm not going to stress if I don't lose as fast as I was before vacation...I'm pretty happy with my body most of the time now and just WANT to be a bit smaller...I think if I kept where I am I'd be OK, but really would like to be in those 10s! ;-) Summer is the time for FUN...I don't want to be super-strict with myself ALL the time (even though I'm continuing to be during the weekdays...very strict).

12:37 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I'll e-mail you with invitation to get e-mails from The Universe. It's fun. ;-)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

You sound so unbelievably balanced right now. Wow. "I'll have what she's having." !!

I think maintaining is a super goal for June. Heck, the month's already half way over so you're more than half way there already. =)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

A maintenance goal is a great one. You are doing so great.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Yeah! Yes to all you wrote on my blog. I will be in touch when we get back from Casper. A friend had a heart attack yesterday and we are on the road again. Get every scrap of paper Geneen wrote. All her books are great. Bye.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home