Thursday, May 08, 2008

Stuck

My weight is stuck. My weekend indulging is lingering on the scale. I will think it through more when I start popping illegals into my mouth again. Being at Mom's is a big trigger. I am going there Sunday, but will be more prepared.

I have been to the gym the past three days in a row on my lunch hour doing cardio. I have been doing my weights and abs in the morning. I have also been sticking to a good food plan. So I should recover soon from the the standstill.

I am feeling a bit blah from reading tedious, boring contracts all day. So I thought I'd take a break and make a quick post. I wish I could eat big fat burgers, cookies and chinese buffet without consequences. Maybe if it was just the burger, and then no cookies and chinese buffet following I would have had little consequence. But I basically had three days where I ate things I don't normally eat, and in larger quantity than I normally eat. That's usually the trouble with allowing for some foods that I normally avoid. It is hard to let go of the taste for them, especially sweets, in the following days.

Anyway, I am sure to recover from the evil foods. I got used to steady losing and want to get back to it. I can also look at it as a success to get back on track after a couple of days. I used to get off track for weeks!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

Cindy, I bet that your weight will go down quite a bit in a few days. The weekend stuff is probably still around, but the weight training and cardio could also be causing some water retention. You are right--the good news is it was just a few days and you are already totally back on track.

Today after lunch I wanted ice cream so bad, and was *this close* to going to our favorite ice cream shop and getting some. Who would know? That is the OLD WAY of thinking, though, and I may still think like that, but I don't act on it any more (at least, not the majority of the time). But it does kind of scare me, that those old thoughts are creeping in more and more often.

Let the sun shine in!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Cindy, to add to your repertoire of teas try "Mint Medley" by Bigelow teas. They also make "Constant Comment" (my favorite). I usually get another kind of mint tea and the store was out so I got this instead. Wow. It is great.

I think the MSG and the high fructose corn syrup act like drugs in my system. If I eat any I want more. Straight sugar is less potent than these two poisons. Take care.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

"It is hard to let go of the taste for them"

Is a REALLY good way of describing, explaining.

That is IT exactly.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home