Thursday, May 01, 2008

New Month

I lost six pounds in April. My weight is stable without any fluctuations in the past few days. That's kind of amazing and interesting. I usually go up and down within a few pounds but I am staying exactly the same. I like it.

For May, I want to continue to lose. I only have four pounds to the current goal but if a few more come off that would be nice, too. I want to continue to exercise like I have been exercising. I want to stay off of caffeine. I want to study those cardinal virtues and enjoy life. Spring is full of excitement and new growth and that's how I want to feel.

I am back at work after my two days of despair and soul sickness. It feels good to be back. My first work day without the coffee buzz. There are some people demanding things immediately and I am not feeling any anxiety over it. I took a minute to blog and I will get to it and do it at a reasonable pace.

Last night I went to church. I had not gone since the break up. I went to a different church and met a friend there. I was glad I went. It felt good to get out. Ending my isolation.

I made my list that Vickie recommended. It's a sunny day and my irises are blooming a deep purple. They were killed last year by a freeze so it is nice to see them this year blooming. There are more buds. They should put on quite a show. Pulled some more weeds this morning. They were springing up all over. Those weeds are persistent! But so am I.

2 Comments:

Blogger ar said...

Sounds good Cindy. Seems to be wonderful rewards for all your persistence and hard work.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Very nice. I hope you were able to let go of some things at your letting go ceremony. I haven't been doing them as much, because the bank that I always got my balloons from for free doesn't do balloons anymore.

Whenever I have gone of caffeine cold turkey, I have very bad withdrawal symptoms on about the fourth day. So hang in there, it does get better.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home