Monday, May 05, 2008

Day Seven No Caffiene

I've made it to the one week point. Friday night I could not sleep at all. But Saturday when I got up early for my trip I felt OK. In fact, I felt better all day traveling than I did back when I drank coffee all day. I felt less worn out. I traveled a total of about 6.5 hours driving time. It was a beautiful day for driving out in the country. The scenery was magnificent. I visited each son and had time in between for a stop at a park. It was a relaxing day. I went to my parents afterwards and that drive was beautiful. I spent the night at their house and drove home Sunday morning. I ate cookies at mom's. My mom is a food trigger big time. But I did not do so bad. I had decided to eat a burger that day earlier at a fast food place. It was a big wonderful burger I'd been craving for weeks. I had not eaten much else that day so I had it and enjoyed every bite. Sunday my eating was up, too, probably triggered by the cookies the night before. I had sweets but stopped. I am back on track today.

My mood has been somewhat depressed. I believe that going off the coffee could be contributing to that so I am not going to worry too much about it. I needed to grieve the loss of that relationship anyway so I can move on. I am not fighting any emotions or feelings. Just letting it all pass. Lack of coffee has not increased or decreased my appetite. I took a nice hike yesterday and was back to my normal exercise routine this morning. I have a little emptiness where the companionship was from that relationship. I can't seem to fill it right away. I don't feel like going out and being around people much. In fact, I don't know what I feel like doing. If I am out around people, sometimes they ask about him. I don't feel like dealing with that. Not at all. It is going to take some time I suppose.

I am up a pound. But I believe I will lose that immediately upon getting back to my usual eating plan. I want to be more "drastic" this week so I can get a loss. Helen's Drastic worked very well for her, so my Drastic can work for me.

I am ready to garden. We had a couple of cold nights over the weekend. A friend said they would bring a tiller over so that I can get my one patch of grass tilled for gardening. I am excited about that. Tonight I want to buy some things just to get me in the spirit of it. I also need to dig out my gardening books. Don't even know where they are. I have only made one gardening decision and that is for a border of impatients along a sidewalk. They bloom constantly and do well in shade and I believe they will be perfect for that area.

Time to get some work done. My goal for the week is to be a more productive employee!!

More will be revealed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I definitely feel more "clear" now that I don't do caffeine...you'll probably find that too.

I'm jealous of your gardening...I love to garden, but we have a very tiny space of dirt in our yard (mostly decking). I miss how much I used to do when I had a huge yard at my first house...and it's GREAT and fun exercise to boot!

P.S. Don't worry about the pound...one pound is easy when you're really being drastic..."really being drastic" is what's hard! ;-) I wasn't too great with that this weekend myself...ate all good stuff, but probably too much...

1:52 PM  
Blogger ar said...

The hamburger sounded so good. Great that you enjoyed it. Think somewhere along the line enjoyment of food in moderation is best for digestion. Congrats on no Caffeine. Think that will make a huge difference for you. In my own experience coffee is acid forming and it fiddles around with my moods.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home