Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yoga and other glorious activities

Yoga was awesome yesterday. It was challenging, yet relaxing. I like that. Maybe I can strike that balance in other areas of my life. Challenged, yet relaxed. I feel confidence from being able to get into the postures but I also feel the working of my body and the strengthening. I can identify my weak areas. But the environment is gentle, soothing and relaxed. It's perfect, actually, for me.

After yoga I went home. I had a light salad. Then my daughter and I took the dog for the Swan Pond walk. The swan pond is down a steep hill. There is a steep hill to get up to the road that gets us there. The distance just long enough for a good half hour or so walk. Challenging and relaxing - again! The glorious thing about the walk last night is that my daughter went with me. She went with me Monday night as well. She is interested in taking off a few pounds. As far as I (and the BMI calculator) am concerned she is not overweight, she's normal. But she wants to take some off so I am sharing what I know with her. I am grateful that I now have a track record to prove I know something about losing weight. I can be an example for her. That's pretty glorious.

After the walk I took my laptop out on the patio and reclined in a comfy lounge chair. I kept the lights off so I could have the soothing dark of the night around me. My wireless signal works on the patio so I can get online out there. I studied the Cardinal Virtues, inspired by the recent AFG post. My brother and grandson had taken a walk to a nearby church and then out for ice cream. They came home energized and excited. More glory.

I love delicious evenings like that. I need those times to fill me up and nourish me. To prepare me for the bigger challenges in my life. To heal me from the harshness of the world.

This has been a calm and balanced week so far. I am looking forward to a weekend with only one thing planned - and it is not until 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon. It has been a long time since I had a weekend with no set plans. The thought of it relaxes me even more.

I have one more week of April left. Looks like so far I have taken off six pounds or so. Maybe more. That's exciting. The best part is that I have been sticking to the parameters I set for myself. There has been some slight deviation here and there but I just get right back to the program.

More will be revealed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

How lovely. So glad to hear you found some peace yesterday.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Sounds great, Cindy!!! I had a weekend like that last weekend and it really recharged my batteries. :-) Hope yoga continues to treat you right -- I love it too.

11:43 AM  
Blogger ar said...

Fantastic how quickly you got into the yoga. Envy you your peace and singleminded sense of purpose and accomplishment.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home