Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Settling In

I feel very settled into my life today. I feel at ease here at my desk at work. I feel no pressure even though I have many contracts to review. I have been keeping regular business hours now for about two months. I have been very careful with my communications and have been addressing the concerns my boss brought to my attention in our meeting in March. I feel like my work life is calm and settled. I have a routine. There is a feeling of security and stability in that.

Home feels settled now, too. Last night my daughter and I watched a movie together and I relaxed all evening. We have been ordering movies and watching them together. My grandson has been expanding his activities lately. He rides his bike places in the neighborhood. He went to the library the other night. I am happy about that because I felt he was isolating himself for a while, but that may be what he needed to do to adjust the big changes last year. He has a social life on some weekends and on other weekends he sees his mother. His life seems to be going nicely.

My daughter has been spending more time with me. This seemed to happen as a result of my brother staying with us. She does not like my brother at all, and does not like him staying with us. But, as a result, she spends more time with me. My brother spends time with my grandson. It works out. I think having yet another person move in after having to adjust to the grandson moving in a year ago, has put my daughter a bit over the edge. She longs for the days when it was just the two of us. So we are finding ways to do things with just each other. She even grocery shops with me. I like it.

I'm not sure what will happen with my brother. He is saving money and looking for a new place to live. He has been jogging about 15 miles to work in the mornings lately, two days last week and now two days this week so far. He makes it in about 2.5 hours. Maybe he should do marathons. I think it's amazing. I told him I'd drive him but he likes the high he gets from the run. I was resentful over the weekend about him but I am over it today. It doesn't do any good to be resentful. Plus, there is good coming out of him staying with us. I think he inspires my grandson. And his presence is pushing my daughter closer to me.

I think things got a little wild and crazy for about a year or so for me. Here at work, and in my personal life, too. But it feels like it is falling into place. I've learned some things. Many things in a short time frame. I have lost more weight and perhaps the attention that I get as a result of that is hard to handle. I think an entire post could be written about that. It is taking some time for my mind to adjust to my body. And my emotions, that's another story entirely.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy my calm, settled feeling today. I have much to be thankful for.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Ahhh, Cindy...your post made ME feel calmer...sitting here with a ton of contracts to review and draft! ;-)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

such a nice posting

you have all had a major year of adjustments

is it possible to find your brother an above garage or some other simple place in your enighborhood where he is close but won't get into conflicts???

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home