Sunday, May 18, 2008

Prepared for Super Drastic

I shopped and planned. I have my greens and veggies. I have my lean meat. I made food plans through Thursday. I start tomorrow. It is sort of a de-tox and kick off to lose the last pounds. This weekend was tricky on eating. Friday night I ate cheesecake that brother left in the fridge. I ate cereal out the wazoo last night and even in the middle of the night. So I need to get a grip. I have been emotionally eating I know due to the brother situation.

I made a missing person report yesterday and then I got a 4 a.m. call that he was walking down the highway outside of Kansas City, we live in the St. Louis area, so he was clear across the state. I told the sheriff I thought he needed to be taken for an evaluation and that he was delusional and not in good mental health. They did not seem worried about him. They had me talk to him. I told him I what I thought. He did not buy it. So I guess he is out walking the highway still. He is in God's hands. I have no intention of driving across the state to get him or bringing him back here. But I also have no intention of gaining weight and hating myself over it either.

I went to church today. It is a church near home. I found out when their singles class is and will go next week. I liked the service. I also talked to a friend of mine who said she and her boyfriend are going there now. So that's nice, too. I want to meet new people. And I will.

I have been taking it easy today but I did plant some flowers and do my grocery shopping for my south beach phase one week. I want to at least do the weekedays on that plan. Just for fun, to see how it impacts me. I call it Super Drastic because for me it is. My back was hurting super bad so I have been taking the medicine for it and it makes me drowsy, blah and it lowers my resistance to eating stuff I don't want to really eat. I am relaxing and reading on the back patio near my flowers, and I am also going shopping with daughter soon. That should be fun.

So even though super drastic starts tomorrow, today needs to be well behaved. I already hit the cereal too hard in the a.m. but I stopped and had a prudent salad for lunch and apple for snack.

More will be revealed.

PS - the shopping was fun. I got a black dress in a 1o with a little floral half cardigan type thing to wear with it. I got two pairs of Summer size 6 pants that have a stretchy type waist. They are cute. I got two tops. I think that is all. It was great to find smaller sizes that fit and cute stuff. The problem with dresses is my top is bigger than my bottom. So the bottom is loose and the top is snug but it still works. Maybe I will post photos of my spring fling wardrobe.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Congratulations and good luck with the Super Drastic! You should lose those last few pesky lbs. in no time. :-) P.S. What is your plan once you reach goal? I think you need to make sure you celebrate you!

Sorry to hear about your brother, but I think you are handling it just the right way...not that it's probably easy...

12:32 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

Would love to see pics of the new duds! It is so much fun to shop in single digit clothes, isn't it? Good luck with your detox. I need to do that. I look forward to hearing how it goes for you. I'm sure it will probably do a world of good for your final pounds--getting rid of the excess carbs usu. does.

Sorry about your brother. It's amazing how little the authorities care about people. Did you see the report on the news about the woman who called 911 for over 3 hours b/c her ex was threatening her life (with a knife, even) and no one ever came to her house. It was terrible. The 911 operator was caught on tape saying he didn't give a **** what happened to her. But he was only 1 of several operators she talked with. No one ever came to her aid. I hope she sues the heck out of the city she lives in and makes an example of those people. Ridiculous.

Hang in there, Cindy. You are doing so well.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

sorry too, to hear about your brother.

glad about the new clothes - would love to see pics

have you had your back evaluated so you know what the specific problem is? you might have posted this in the past and I might just be forgetting. . .

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home