Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mid May Challenge

It's the middle of May already. Time seems to have flown by this month. I want to loose four pounds by the end of the month. In fact that would put me at my current goal. I would like to lose a little more after that but first I need to reach that goal.

Here's my plan:

Tackle the evening eating: I have had several days in a row where I was able to stop eating early in the evening. This helped get my weight back down from my fluctuation last week. Not eating in the evening is a major breakthrough so I am going to continue with it.

Measuring: I want to make sure I am measuring. When I start to slack, my portions get bigger. Especially in the evening when I am cooking dinner. If I am going to taste what I am cooking, it needs to be measured and accounted for. This may sound drastic but I think I need it.

Log in at night and make a final tally for the day: I have a food plan in the morning but in the evening I often have not planned the whole day out, and I don't log back in and add what I had. So, I either need to start having a complete plan (this would work best) or once I have figured out what I am having, add it to the plan.

Exercise - I want to get back to cardio every day. I have slacked a little but not too badly. In order to get these pounds off I am going to need to push myself. For a month or so around Christmas I went every day and did well with that. I will try to get back to that. Weather is nice so I can bike ride and dog walk, too. I also want to add more toning and get what is left of my body firm.

I've been doing pretty good but it is easy to get sloppy so I am re-dedicating myself to focusing on the challenging areas.

I hope this works. I am getting kind of excited again. I shopped last night and bought a size 6 pair of Capri's. They are a little tight and they are the stretch denim fabric. But for me to squeeze myself comfortably into them is a miracle. I don't recall wearing that size in my entire adult life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

That's very cool, Cindy! I remember at one point during my loss of The Big Weight where when I was at my absolute smallest where I got a few 6s and was so excited because I had never been there before (I went straight from 14-16 little girl sizes to 14-16 big girl sizes). Enjoy!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

stretch can work really well - my favorite stores clerk tells me to figure a full 1/2 size of extra once you have worn a stretch for a couple hours. So she says - buy stretch clothes fairly snug so that they aren't baggy by the end of the day.

consider - when you get on to tally your finished day - brush your teeth after you tally - so it is a very "day is done" moment.

also consider planning the WHOLE next day when you tally out your current day. I think that will give you a real mental boost. this is what I did today - this is where I am headed tomorrow feeling.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Laura N said...

You are doing so great, Cindy.

How did you conquer the night eating thing? Did you white knuckle your cravings until they passed, or did you have a plan to avoid the food? That's my biggest sabateur right now, and I can't seem to kick it.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

Thanks for the tips on the night eating issue. I'm going to start telling myself "What Would Cindy Do?" =)

On running-- definitely get some good shoes and socks before you start. It may not seem like a big deal, but the proper shoes make a huge difference. Do you have any running stores in your area? You want to go to a specialty store that will watch you walk and can determine your foot type so you can get the right shoe. Or, if that's not an option, go to the Brooks shoe website (www.brooksrunning.com) and they have an interactive tool that will help you get the right shoe. You have to do a "wet foot" test to see where your arch falls (high, low, neutral), but it's not hard to do. There are as many types of running shoes as there are body types, and it does take someone who knows what they are doing to get you in the right shoe. And splurge on a good pair of socks. They help prevent blisters (I really like the Balega's I bought recently.)

And do you know about the Couch to 5k program? It's on CoolRunning.com. If you want a set program on where to start, it's a good one.

I never ever dreamed I'd be a runner. And I started slow and just kept at it. If you want to, you can do it. Look at how much you've already accomplished? =)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Nory Roth said...

Whoa! Size six? I thought that was just an age!!! Congratulations! I hope to join the ranks of the single digit sizes one day -- unfortunately, that day is not today. Nice plan, by the way. I could use many of those tips myself. Thanks.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home