Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Revisited

Last year I had major depression just before Mother's Day. I am happy to say that this year was far better. In fact the difference is huge. This year I can tell how much better off I am emotionally. I can tell that I have taken care of myself and dealt with some of my biggest specters from the past. It is nice to be able to see and feel progress.

For Mother's Day I bought some flowers to plant. I have not planted yet, the weather was cold, but it is nice to have them picked out and ready to go. Saturday night my daughter and I had our Mother's Day movie night together. First we went out to dinner and I had a salad bar. Then we rented movies and spent the evening laying on the couch watching them. It was so nice to spend so much time together. I resisted eating the rest of the night. And in the morning I was back down to my low weight and ready to move forward with more weight loss. I stayed in bed until 11:30 in the morning. It was absolutely fantastic. We eventually took the two hour drive to my Mom's and stayed a couple of hours. I did not overeat like last weekend. I did have a nice meal, though, but I stopped eating. Crucial for me, stopping. Not always possible.

I feel ready to move forward with more weight loss now. I feel stabilized again and back to normal. My daughter and I visited my parents on Sunday. Mom's kitchen is a big eating trigger, but I did not overdue it. I enjoyed what she had prepared, including some lemon pound cake and strawberries but did not eat for the remainder of the day/evening, and had eaten light prior to dinner. No major impact.

I believe that getting enough rest is a big help to my moods and my appetite. And giving up the caffeine has worked wonders. I hope to keep a more rested schedule from now on and focus on doing things that relieve, rather than create stress.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

So nice to hear you had a good Mother's Day. Kudo's for doing so well with the food this weekend. You're going to hit goal in no time.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I think that I remember your postings from around mother's day last year and how hard it was.

holidays are never easy for me either.

glad things are getting better.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Nory Roth said...

My mother's kitchen is like a loaded gun for me, too! How easily we fall back into old patterns. Good for you, planning ahead, and keeping your resolve. Sounds like you are in a good place right now.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home