Friday, May 16, 2008

In God's Hands

It is Friday night and I am propped up contentedly in bed with my laptop and a good book. Today went well in the eating and exercise department. I was detoxing off of two days of eating more than I planned. I went to the gym right after work. I did not have to run any kids anywhere, so I could work out and then grocery shop. It was nice. Real nice. I did not have a big appetite after working out. I think that 5:30 work out is a good time for me. But it does not necessarily work with my home life unless everyone can have a late dinner. They may not mind. I will ask. Maybe a couple times a week. Or they can make their own....what a concept. Good for building independent living skills.

I wanted to post tonight because tomorrow will be prison visit day and I will be gone from sunrise until sunset. I appreciate all the comments about the situation with my brother. Since my breakup I have been realizing how overloaded I have been. There are some things I cannot change, like work. But there are many things I can. Even with the kids - I can have them do more jobs around the house. They can prepare meals. They already do their own laundry, which I think is fantastic. But they can do even more, and it is good for them. As for other family members who are adults, they are going to have to take responsibility for themselves or get help from other people.

My brother is in God's hands. He has not returned. I have heard nothing from him and it is the third night he has been gone. He is not one to call people at all so it does not surprise me. I am letting it go for now. If anyone is being watched over it would be him.

I am letting go of everything tonight. The past, my mistakes, my worries. I am going to bed and getting a good night's rest. I feel peaceful. I have put in a good day on this earth and I have earned my rest.

I am looking forward to my travels tomorrow. And looking forward to the rest of the weekend. I hope to get out in the garden and get those flowers in the ground on Sunday. And get one quarter of my room cleaned. I am taking it in sections. Those are my only solid goals.

Food was calling me yesterday and the day before, but today it subsided. I am happy that I am keeping off my recent loss. I want to gear up for more loss. I feel confident I can push on very soon. My workouts are regular, and my appetite is stable. I want to do something different with my diet next week. I want to do the south beach phase one type eating. No breads, fruits. Mainly veggies and lean meat. I'd like to do it for a week just for the heck of it to see what happens. I can do anything for just one week, right?

For now I am putting everything, my eating, my kids, my brother, my parents, my present, my future, you name it, in God's hands.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

your taste buds will get used to the food. my guess is that you will find it cleansing and a nice mental break. someone somewhere was blogging about doing this every other day. She is someone that eats clean - but every other day - she did lean meats and veggies. And on the inbetween days - she put whole grains and fruits back in. It was interesting.

take care of yourself.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home