Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Plan of defense

Struggling a little today with a bigger appetite. It feels a little compulsive. I had a banana this morning. Bananas mess me up. I usually avoid them unless I mix a half of a very ripe one in with a high fiber cereal. I found myself having my lower fat healthy peanut butter even though I'd already had breakfast, and a snack. Luckily the jar was almost empty, and I pitched what little was left so I would not go overboard. Then I added it to my tracking and plan for the day. Peanut butter is another food I can have trouble with. It makes me want more. I need to avoid the foods that make me want more if I want to lose weight. So peanut butter is going off the list for a while.

I am going to the gym, for sure, no matter what, prior to lunch. I have already had breakfast and a high calorie snack so I don't need lunch until later, and I can get the gym workout easily before then.

I don't know why I feel compulsive about food today. I don't feel like figuring it out right now. I simply want to halt it whatever way possible. I feel full. There is no true hunger here. So here is my "how" as in how to stop. I am going to drink plenty of water, have a little meditation and prayer time, go to the gym, and say no to extra food. If I want to eat, I will take a trip via the stairs down to the first floor, and come back up. I work on the 4th floor so the little mini workout might give my brain a boost and take my mind off of food. And, I am going to focus on my work the rest of the day and see how much I can accomplish.

Hope this little plan of action works. I don't want to sabotage my progress with compulsive grazing. As I have pointed out before, when I have a loss, even a little one, it seems like my body, and perhaps my mind, too, wants to get back the weight. So I have to fight some urges for a while until I adjust. That's what I am doing right now. Fighting the urge to self sabotage with negative thinking because I had too much peanut butter. Fighting the urge to eat.

I feel like I am under a slight and subtle attack. I am going to bolster my resolve and defend myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger ar said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:29 PM  
Blogger ar said...

I love the positive self-talk Cindy. Good example for me. Lots to learn from this. Compulsive feelings are always there, need to work on them positively. Thanks for sharing this with us. :>)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Good plan.

Do you eat protein with your high fiber cereal in the morning? I noticed on the days that I eat an egg with my cereal, I stay fuller longer.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

I feel that way usually when I'm ovulating or right before my period. Hormones really mess with food cravings. I'm sure with that plan you will succeed!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home