Thursday, April 03, 2008

My First Yoga Class




What a great way to kick off my April challenge - challenging myself with something new. I loved the yoga class. I loved it because it was time set aside just for me to do something good and healthy for me. Yoga is good for my body and my mind. And there is even a social aspect because I am doing it with other people. I loved every bit of it. I did not struggle with any of it. I found I could get in the positions with ease. The only difficulty was with the "wrapping" my thigh muscles while exhaling. But I am going to work on that. For years I have wanted to do this, but could not get started on my own. It is one of the victories of my weight loss journey. The class is an hour and a half long and I loved every second.

I feel good just knowing I have a class to go to once per week, in the middle of the week. More discipline. I am still struggling with evening eating. What I want to do is try less eating during the day since I seem to want to eat at night no matter what I do. Then I can just build more food into the evening plan. Perhaps raw veggies and lean protein. I am determined to conquer the evening deal. Frankly, my appetite has been up all week but I find I can manage more during the day than at night. So yoga in the evening on an empty stomach before I eat may be helpful. We will see.

I also feel like I am retaining water this week and have no idea why. I am looking at my diet for hidden sodium. My hands feel a bit swollen today. And I feel all around puffy. I can't figure it out...
I am so glad I have all my blogger pals to share my journey with. Yesterday I went through and printed out all my entries. I am also going to move them to electronic files. I realized that if something happened to blogger, I'd have no record of this journey. When I need a mental uplift, I look through my entries and see how far I have come. I also read other people's blogs and get the same uplifting of my spirit.

I feel really lucky today. It is pouring down rain but I feel cozy. I love the rain. It is cleansing and soothing. The sound of it on the roof and against the window is soothing. The dim grey light is soft and restful. I can't stay in bed and sleep but I can use the rain to cast a peaceful, restful mood on my day.

More will be revealed.

2 Comments:

Blogger ar said...

Ohhhh Cindy, I am so envious of your yoga class, but so very happy for you too as it sounds so wonderful. I know it is going to be good for you, so this must be a historic mark of a kind for you. Seems to be just the right time too. I sincerely hope that I can get to yoga one day too, but no classes where I am for now.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your yoga class. It really is a great destresser plus all the other reasons you mentioned.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home