Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday notes

Friday is still my favorite day of the week but today I am exhausted and feeling a tad blue. I have not been getting as much sleep due to getting up to take my brother to work. I went to the gym after dropping him off this morning at 6 a.m. I was glad to do that but I feel very tired today. I think the tired is making me blue. It has been going on for a couple of days now. I don't like it when this happens but I am going to keep on doing my normal daily stuff in spite of it. The cheery feeling will return. It always does.

It has been a good week overall of planning and tracking and doing my exercises. But my weight went up during the week instead of down. It is not time for an official weigh in so maybe it will go back down before then. Nothing major, a couple of pounds but the wrong direction. I find that I fluctuate up during the week and go back down on the weekends or Monday. So I just need to dip down lower than my low last weekend. Anything is possible. I will just keep doing what I am doing and push harder to maintain eating habits that will result in a loss. Myabe the lack of weight loss is adding to my shade of blue.

Not giving up is a big part of my weight loss program. It was the missing component in my earlier efforts. I gave up easily if I diverted or gained, or did not lose. Now I just keep going. I get back on track. No matter what I do not give up. It makes a big difference.

3 Comments:

Blogger --cara said...

It's so hard to stick to it, you know? I was talking with a friend a work today and she said she wished she could just eat whatever she wants. Things would be so much easier that way. I told her I used to be that way... 75 pounds ago! Never again. Sticking to it is tough. But we'll push through.

P.S. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

Yep, persistence really is key to winning this game. You will push through it, I know you will. I totally relate tothe tired feeling. And I am a royal grouch when I don't get my sleep (like last night when the toddler was up 3 times, ugh). Maybe we'll both get some rest this weekend.

9:48 AM  
Blogger ar said...

I know when I am tired, I am always harder on myself and tend to see things in black and white with a slight emphasis of black. You have had so many successes over the last few weeks. And you beat the cortisone treatment as well. Maybe once you have had a proper rest you will be able to FEEL it in techni colour :>) You are doing FANTASTIC!!! No doubt about it. You are right about the 2 lb. Just a fluctuation.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home