Monday, April 07, 2008

Exhausted and sad

I am exhausted and sad. I am not eating much. My fluctuation went back down so last week my weight did not change. No loss, no gain. I am ok with that. Just having a difficult time with other areas of my life. I feel overwhelmed with taking care of other people's needs. A reocurring theme in my life. I need rest and have not found the time to get it. So for this week I am going to take care of me more and try to get some rest. Still tracking food and getting exercise. Hoping it will result in a loss at some point. Maybe my goal for April was too high. Maybe I should goal to lose something but perhaps not 8 pounds. Did not seem like too high of a goal at the time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Sorry you are sad, but glad you are focusing on giving YOURSELF a little bit of what you give to everyone else. I think THAT should be your goal this week and let the weight follow...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Laura N said...

I feel liek that a lot, too. Take care of yourself and remember that this feeling is temporary. Hang in there.

Truly, as low as your weight is now, I think it is realistic to lower your goal. It's tough to set those "time" goals because when you miss them you feel like you failed, even when you've lost a bunch of weight. So just remember that any loss (or even a maintain) is a good thing.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

hugs

11:11 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I am struggling with the caretaker thing right now too. I hate it. Taking care of myself means uninterrupted time for me. When I put people off so I can have some down time I feel guilty. If I give in to their needs and demands then I resent them. Damned if I do and damned if I don't. It's a great life if you don't weaken. More hugs.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home