Thursday, September 13, 2007

Daybreak


A new day is dawning. I saw a fresh number on the scale -165. I am determined to sustain it. I brought no food with me at work this morning. I had my soy cereal and skim milk before leaving which I actually measured out just to make sure I did not overdo it. I held out and did not eat any vending machine stuff and ran to the grocery on my lunch hour. I had a tuna fillet - those vacuum packed ones and then some yogurt with bran cereal. I was so starving at the store it was tempting to get some instant fix. But I waited and I had a few grapes on the way back to the office to get my sugar level up. Then I ate the meal. I am very full as I sit here now. It is 1:30 p.m. I usually eat earlier. I am marveling that I waited and had the healthy choice. It feels good.


I think I am getting the stability back in my personal life. Post yo-yo relationship with that one guy. The weather is cooling down the back patio is inviting in the morning for sitting and reading my daily meditations. I have been faithful to my daily readings and meditation. My attitude and outlook on life are improved by it. I am seeing the truth about me and my personality, my situations and relationships with other people. It has been painful. I am not as nice as I thought I was. But there is plenty of good in me. And that's what I am focusing on today. What we think upon grows. So I am going to grow the good stuff and weed out the other stuff.


I feel as if I have been beaten into submission somehow. I am tired, having not slept much. Maybe that has something to do with it. I am ready to do what it takes to improve my life and not return to old ways. This little loss of a few pounds is a pleasant reminder that I have changed very much. But removing the battle of the food has uncovered the scary stuff I ate to avoid. And that's what I have been facing. I am not turning away. There is no where to hide anymore. I am finding kind, supportive people to help me along my way.


Weight watchers is coming to my place of employment. I am signing up. We will meet on Thursdays. I am not sure when it starts. But it goes for 13 weeks. This should be interesting. I want some extra push so I stay in the game for the last ten or maybe twenty pounds. I feel like I will be happy with ten more lost but I'd like to have a BMI that is normal. And I think I need to lose 15 to get to that. Depending on my true height. I am not haggling over BMI's though. It is just a number, but at the same time I'd like to be just inside the normal. Just for once. We will see.


So, I think I need a comedy film festival. Something hysterically funny. I am way too serious today. I feel I just crawled out of trainwreck and I am not sure if I am alive or a ghost.


More will be revealed.


2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

All fantastic news! And 165 is FANTASTIC. Congratulations...I'll be there too...some day. ;-)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

I wanted to write something about your post. I know it was a hard summer (and spring) for you but you have handled it really well.

All of the fantastic news you shared is just so thrilling and wonderful. 165!! Yay for you, Cindy.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home