Monday, June 30, 2008

Month End Review

I looked at my first June post and it was about major depression. It was the meltdown weekend. I am happy to say that June has been a month of healing and stability. I have taken back my sanity, my home and my life. My weight has been stable. I have maintained my loss. I exercised regularly, took care of myself and my home. What a great month. I also enjoyed myself.

This weekend I spent time with people, women friends, men friends, and so on. I even tried the singles Bible Study. Found myself pondering the muscular tattooed man (that's another story, for the book about food and men). I took care of some to do list tasks this weekend, too. What a great weekend overall. I grilled on the patio yesterday. I had meats that I had purchased but not gotten the chance to cook so everything got grilled. I love barbecue. Especially on my pretty patio.

I wore shorts in public some of the weekend. It is still kind of a thing for me but I am getting far more comfortable. I bring pants to change into in case I panic. It is silly but it is me getting used to my body. And accepting myself the way I am today.

So June was a great month for healing and stabilizing. For getting more comfortable in my own skin. I feel I have come a long way in 30 days..

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura N said...

That is so great. It's wonderful to be able to look back and be happy & proud of yourself.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

You've got a fantastic NSV there!! So glad you are feeling more peaceful... :-)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Yes, The Universe says the same thing to me each day that It does to you. I love it! ;-)

You would have loved this church this weekend...small, simple, EXTREMELY nice and welcoming people. I don't even consider myself a Christian and I loved it! ;-)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

you know - I write SO MUCH and then rarely go back and read. When I hit that 1st anniversary - I really thought that I would go back and re-read the whole first year - one day at a time to see where I "was" and I never have. I query on certain phrases to find a particular posting all the time. But go back and reread to get a sense of how much I have progressed? Not at all.

Curious to know what length you wear your shorts? mine are all to the knee and I don't have shorts panic at all - they are the same length as my dresses. My bicycle shorts for exercise are a little shorter - obviously - but not much. And I am fine in those too. Are you wearing shorts that show a lot of thigh?

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home