Monday, September 24, 2007

The Point Thing and other Musings

This Weight Watchers point thing is mysterious to me. I am figuring things out with the little slide tool. My bran has no points. Neither does a cup of broccoli according to my calculations. Interesting. But if I ate two cups at once it would, so what if I had one cup twice in the day, would it have points???? Does this work??? It has worked for people but it seems mysterious. I will do my best to stick with it and try it out. I can do it this week, but next week is a trip for Tues through Fri for work, Ohio yet again for our big conference of all legal people in the company. Food will be chosen for us, but I can do my best. If I get a good week in already perhaps I will have momentum.

Still feel bloated up. I want to go back to the doc. It has to be the stupid hormone thing. I hate hormones, what have they ever done for me????

It was good patio sitting weather this morning so I took my coffee out and did my daily readings out there. I worked a teeny bit in my teeny yard Sunday morning cutting my patch of grass. I still water each day with the heat being what it is but I have not worked much in the garden. I am looking forward to preparing the ground at the end of the year and planning for next year. I have ideas already. I love my flowers and I love the activity, the actions of tending a garden, not just the result.

Maybe that's what works best for me in life. Finding situations, hobbies, etc. where I love the actions, the motions, the activities, and not just the end result. That is what I am trying to do with the weight loss. Love the journey, the methods, and actions, not just the result. Love the process. I believe that is the difference for me now. I do find enjoyment in the process, more than ever. So I will look at this point calculation and planning as the initial effort to a smooth process. I am sure once I get some of my regular meals calculated, it will be much easier. I find a feeling of security and stability in knowing where I stand with a food budget. At the end of the day I like knowing the truth about how much and what I ate. In the past my mind played tricks on me and I also tried to get away with things. Weighing in and keeping track are tools to keep me in reality.

I have plan for the day, and I have 5 points still to spend. I will use it in the evening. My toughest time. I am just starting out on this little journey and I feel very green and inexperienced.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Chair said...

Good luck with the point system. It must work, because lots and lots of people have success with it. A good weight watcher's blog is weightwatchen.com.

She also posts lots of good recipes.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home