Friday, May 04, 2007



I was incredibly tired today after work. I propped myself in up in bed with the laptop and read blogs. I even went back to the very beginning of some blogs I read regularly. I am going to be doing this for a while. It is very helpful to me in my current struggle (and right now it is a struggle) to get back on the losing bandwagon. It kept me out of the kitchen. I had already found myself in a daze opening the fridge after I had already had more than my plan for dinner. I jolted myself out the fridge with the instant thought "do you want to ruin your life?" I closed the door and left the room. So that's how the evening was going. Walk? I thought not. So I said the magic words to Charley (see yesterday's post) and I had to go.

It was cool and damp and the green was everywhere from the recent daily rains. The smells were everywhere, too. I even caught a mysterious hint of eucalyptus at one point, not sure from where, but I thought of California. I took the Swan Lake walk. I noticed how enchanting my little streets are, with the winding roads, little globes of streetlamps and the trees. The swans add a fairy tail touch to it all. It was a pleasant walk. And doing it in spite of my near napping state made it even better.

That is what drives weight loss for me. Doing things in spite of how I feel, or what I may want for the moment. Doing things for the ultimate purpose. I have not revisited the kitchen. It is off limits for the rest of the night. I have lost all desire for it. The magical walk has cast it's spell.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

archives have been a God send for me - literally.

I have made some mistakes with them - asked a simple question - on one - and her whole eating disorder came spilling out in her reply.

Assuming that when I started at the beginning - her weight would be lower at the end - and when it wasn't, it pulled me down. She doesn't know this - I never said a word - she didn't even know I was there - but it pulled me down.

You are smart to read ones - that you already read - so you know where they are now - and can see where they have been in the process. I think that is safer.

Your neighborhood is lovely.

9:47 PM  
Blogger BigAssBelle said...

What a beautiful photo! Isn't it funny what we do on this journey? I am, right now, trying to do the exact opposite of what you did and it's working for me (meaning I'd have taken the nap).

Your act of going for a walk and ruling out the kitchen worked for you and you got inspired and centered and peaceful. I think that's the important thing in all of this, to find what works for us and ride it out. It may work for a lifetime or it may work for a little, but the main thing is to keep at it.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I am all for naps, too!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home