Thursday, May 10, 2007










Last night I talked about comfort, and recognizing my need for it. And finding what comforts me. This evening I am finding comfort in an early evening rain. It is a lazy thunderstorm. Just enough thunder to give it character. Nothing threatening, a nice soothing patter against the rooftop. There is something relaxing about a rain like this. Especially after a hot afternoon. It is a special kind of thunder, rumbling a soft message of comfort from a strong unseen spirit in the sky. It brought a cool breeze, and I opened up the window to feel it and looked out at the view. It is a gift, this little storm, and I am grateful for it.

This morning I discovered that I have been having PMS, which explains quite a lot. And, the good part is that I lost a couple of the pounds gained in April, during PMS week. That is always encouraging. I had no struggles today. I woke up with a blue feeling, and was really tired and feeling lousy so I stayed home. I just let myself sleep an extra couple of hours and I worked from home. I took daughter to school halfway through the day and let her rest since she is recuperating from strep. I kept grandson who has had stomach problems home and took him to his therapy. We all had the rest we needed. It makes a big difference.

I have had no food issues today. I had an afternoon snack of raw veggies with a dip made from yogurt. It is close to dinner time and I am not hungry. So I will wait and have a later dinner, with just some veggies and lean protein. Right now I am just soaking up the breeze from the cool, soft shower and looking out at the tree that guards my bedroom window. I find much comfort in nature in many different ways.
I may have to have a Comfort series, since I am exploring the things that comfort me. And looking for them in my daily life.




4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Beautiful calm post was just what I needed to read after my day today...wish I was there! And, yes, you must do drum circle at the beach with us someday...no formal training required. :-)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

peaceful feeling came through to me too. . .

10:44 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I am not kidding about writing meditations. You have a gift. I am gearing up for "company" cleaning today and I needed this calm before the storm. Thanks.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

I agree with Helen, Vickie and Beula.

I can imagine myself on a porch with the rain. Doesn't it always smell wonderful when it's about to rain or does rain?

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home