Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sweet Sunday

I love Sunday. I love most of all Sunday morning with all its promises. It is my day to do as I please. Sure, there is a to do list a mile long with chores I could do, and may do, but God gives me Sunday as a gift, a day to enjoy his blessings. And that's what I am doing right now. I am sitting at my newly discovered spot, my coffee house, my new love. I am on the comfy couch with my laptop getting a free wireless signal. This was my dream when I bought the laptop. It has come true for me. I am savoring a rich, luscious coffee. I am counting my blessings.

One blessing I have received this week is the ability to detach. It came over me mid week in connection with some dealings with Boyfriend. But it was most apparent, and rewarding when I visited my son yesterday. Over a month ago I had gone into the depths of despair after a visit with my son. I blogged about it on June 9th and 15th. I had just begun working in the Louise Hay book, You Can Heal Your Life. What is significant to me now is that right after I bought the book I had the visit that put me into despair, and I also started dating Boyfriend. I began diligently doing the work in the book and stayed a willing participant in my relationships, not running at the first sight of trouble but honestly looking at what was going on at all times. Looking at me, and my reactions and where they came from. And doing the work the book suggests. The rewards have been immediate and profound. Never have I received such prompt results. And I have not even been pushing myself to use the book, it just comes naturally.

Back to detachment. What do I mean? For me it is being able to have relationships with people without taking responsibility for their problems, for one. And, being able to be supportive without trying to control situations. To allow the other person to make mistakes, disagree, carve their own destiny, and to be able to love them no matter what they choose. To be there for someone but not feel I have to fix things, and to not take responsibility for what is broken. Naturally when someone I love or care for is sad, or in turmoil, or danger, I feel something. I may feel pain, anxiety or even guilt. But I can step back and have faith that they can work things out for themselves. If they ask me for suggestions, I can make them, letting go of the outcome. I am new at this but it is a grand feeling of peace with the other person. Yesterday my son and I laughed and talked, and he shared his concerns about his upcoming marriage. And his hopes. He was honest and so was I. And there was no anger between us, and no expectations. Just a loving encounter. I cherish the memory. Those sweet, short two hour visits are all I get, and I want to treasure every second. What could be the most important part of this detachment deal is that I no longer attach my self worth with the status of my relationships or what I think people think of me... This is still mysterious and new to me.

I want to share something from the Louise Hay book -these are two brief descriptions and affirmations connected with obesity. I find them true for me. Basically the description is probable cause of obesity or fat and the other is an affirmation to use as a new thought pattern. If anyone wants to tell me how to correctly cite or attribute when I quote something on my blog, I'd appreciate it. For today all I can say is they are from Louise Hay - You Can Heal Your Life, in the back of the book in her List. Under Obesity and Fat. Here they are:

Probable cause - Oversensitivity – often represents fear and shows a need for protection. Fear may be a cover for hidden anger and a resistance to forgive.

New thought pattern: I am protected by Divine Love. I am always safe and secure. I am willing to grow up and take responsibility for my life. I forgive others, and I now create my own life the way I want it. I am safe.

Probable cause - Fear, need for protection. Running away from feelings. Insecurity, self rejection. Seeking Fulfillment.

New thought pattern - I am at peace with my own feelings. I am safe where I am. I create my own security. I love and approve of myself.



I never thought I'd find myself getting into affirmations like this, but something is working tremendous miracles in my life, and the book is the only thing I have been doing consistently during this phase. So I wanted to share it with you all. I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially about the probable cause.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

I like the concept of detachment. If I could be more detached, I wouldn't take slights or rejections so seriously. I wouldn't let others' behavior and opinion matter so much and operate on my own compass.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Sunday. You see the beauty in so many things and appreciate so much. And you write about it so well.

I'm really, really happy about your conversation with your son. I know how upset you were a while back about things and it's so good you were able to detach and just be there for him.

I hope the week has been good for you, Cindy.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting post. divine love is such a universal concept. check out this site on divine love for articles on divine love from Christan and Hindu saints at www.gitananda.org

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home