Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Random Thoughts

Thanks for the comments on last night's ramble. I felt better instantly after writing it all down. And then today when I read the comments from you guys, I smiled and even laughed. I appreciate those comments more than I can say. Sometimes those rambles can be pretty funny. I also finally remembered to weigh myself and I lost another pound. I am a pound away from my June goal. Right now my stomach is rumbling and churning after having a very prudent and nutritious salad for lunch. I have been having this type of reaction off and on for close to a week. Hopefully it will pass. I have been trying to eat well during training week and so far it is working. But last night I waited too long to have dinner and ended up eating nachos with the kids. It was all I had.

Monday night I had a good work out at the gym. Last night I walked at the mall to kill time before I had to pick up grandson at his friend's house. Tonight if the weather is not oppressive later in the evening I will take a walk in the neighborhood. The capri's I bought began to droop a little so I am going to put them in the dryer and hope they tighten up a tad. I am working on toning, but in my slow, patient style. I am not knocking myself out, just have some regular exercises and if I can do a challenging weight training once a week, I'm happy. I may even get to doing it twice a week, but no more. I am avoiding extremes.

Avoiding extremes applies to everything. I am not sure how I missed that concept in life. Instead I have learned the hard way. But today I crave balance, and slow, lazy, steady progress.

Maybe someday I can write the lazy girl's guide to weight loss and exercise. But first I have to prove it works...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori G. said...

Random responses because I was late coming here tonight:

You know, you don't have to shave your legs all the way up either...I remember being shocked and pleased by this discovery.

I understand how you feel. I don't want someone 24/7 but I agree with everyone's comments. It's not a contract, etc. So just have fun and think about the fact that you're putting your capris in the dryer hoping that they'll shrink. I bet you never did that before, right?

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home