Monday, July 09, 2007

Ohio Sunsets and Size 10 Pants

I am in Ohio - Dublin to be precise, on my business trip, all week until Friday. Sunday I had a last minute trip to shop for clothes. I wanted outfits, nice ones. I had some but not enough. I found pants without front pockets. They fit snug and I like them, they are tens, imagine that. Me still teetering in the high one sixties wearing a size ten. I can't wear ten in all pants but I do in those and I relish the thought. I feel like I have a figure now, yes it still has fat and flab but it can be compressed into smaller spaces. Cool.

I took time this eveing to swim and then a drive. I found a river earlier when the sun was still high, and I could tell it would set right over the river. I came back for the sunset after my swim. I sat on the dock and watched the small orange sun slide beneath the treetops. I relished the coral ripples on the river. Soft, lazy, gentle. A cooled down breeze after a sweltering day. It was great. I almost fell asleep, lying down with my head on my bag for a pillow. It was nice.

I have a great suite with a kitchen. There is a pool and then a gym up the street. I was too tired for gym but made myself swim. I ate pretty good today, I ordered in a lunch and dinner and put the salad in the fridge. I rinsed the chicken breast off because it was buttery. I went easy on dressing. I took half the bread off my veggie sub. I did have two quesadilla wedges though with salsa at dinner. But that is it. I am going to make this a healthy trip. I was hugely bloated this morning from what I do not know. So I am flushing with water. I did have weird food over the weekend. Salty stuff. Not tons, but not healthy either. And birthday cake and ice cream. And I wonder why I am bloated...I also had a delicious barbeque. Wings and brats. okay, that explains it. I did enjoy the day of eating whatever everyone else had. It was grandson's birthday. I will recouperate.

As for the boy, he and I had fought, and then cooled down for a couple of days. We had gotten so intense at first I think it plain wore me down. After backing off I still feel like seeing him, in smaller doses. I also like how I am seeing my behavior and changing how I think, instead of letting the same old patterns take over. I was able to talk honestly to him about my fears about men. I thought it would run him off and I was more than willing at that point to let him go. But he is still there. He is picking me up from the airport Friday, I left my car in the shop for the week. I am looking forward to it.

Anyway, I must sleep. And drink more water.

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Your post makes me a little homesick for the Midwest (where I haven't been in many years)...beautiful writing.

Congrats on the size 10s!!!

And glad to hear the boy situation is good...enjoy!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

I have been catching up on your posts. Good Heavens girl. What a lot of learning in just a week. The whole man thing is amazing isn't it? Learning to consider ourselves in a relationship and not just them. It offers a whole new life, this new perspective. Suddenly we get to wonder, "Are they worthy of me?" Like Tina Turner I finally got to the place of, "If you are too much work emotionally, I don't have time for you." "Get your act together or don't come back." Guess what? I began to want and attract only nice men. Who'd have thunk it?

I love the "compressed fat and flab phrase." Congrats on the size 10 pants. How about a new picture? Take care and have fun in your suite.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Lori G. said...

Congrats on the size 10! I'm glad things improved on the boy situation. You really do have a good perspective on things and willing to sit back and not REACT to things. (Ahem, like me.)

I hope you're having a good trip. Your description of swimming was so evocative and well written.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Where are you? How are you? Great I hope.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home