Monday, August 21, 2006

Baggy pants

The pants I am wearing are baggy today, which is a good sign, but the bagginess makes me feel frumpy and when I look in the mirror I think I look worse because they are big and saggy. I thought I put these in the dryer and they are as shrunk as they can be. So these pants may have to be tossed unless I can get them altered. I like them, but I am not liking them like this. I feel distorted or something in them. Clothes at this point are not that important to me, but pants like this may require some action.

The bagginess is a good reminder that what I am doing has had some results and it is a nice motivator to continue. But I have the tendency though to feel successful early on and quit. And to get the insane thoughts like "my pants are baggy, so lets have some ice cream" or other similar ideas. I combat those suggestions by looking at the body mass index and getting on the scale to remind myself that I still have a true medical condition that requires some weight loss. This is not a cosmetic deal anymore. And I need to stay in reality. Excess weight leads to heart disease and I want to live healthy and long if at all possible.

So I try to stay in reality on a daily basis. But I may get some better fitting pants!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think that we may have to get that AFG Clothing Swap thing going after all -- I have some baggy pants of my own, maybe we can all do hand-me-downs.

3:05 PM  
Blogger FatMom said...

Ah, saggy drawers! I agree, they actually look worse then when you were heavier and filled them out more. Well, do try to make sure you have some pants/clothes that fit you well while you're in the process of shrinking down. The thrift store (2nd hand) has some decent stuff to use in the meantime, for small amounts ($1-5 each). Good job!!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

You need to get new clothes :-)
how cool is that?

4:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The secret to thrift stores is to go to a neighborhood where people have more money than you -- they tend to throw away better clothes. :)

I also get some pretty good stuff from the Target clearance rack, and the sale racks at other stores.

If nothing else, it's fun to try things on even if you don't buy them. There are some good sales now that the back-to-schoolers are back to school.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

What Jen said about the right neighborhoods is VERY true. The stuff donated right to each site usually stays at that location.

If you put the pants on inside out and safety pin a few places, then take them off and try them - you would get an idea if it is WORTH altering. If they would then fit correctly - feel/llok good. If you have someone with a sewing machine or know a quilter - ask them to help you try a few to see if it is helpful instead of paying someone. Experiment on ones you are going to get rid of anyway.

I love reading what you write!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home